Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

MaryDeluxe

Practically Family
My Sunday look...

Vintage 50's.... sweater, dungarees, shoes, & purse = omg you're so cute!

2955064295_9200b715c8.jpg

Smuterella

One Too Many
Mary said:
Yesterday I went for a stern look with a white blouse and a simple pencilskirt.
But I had some problem with the blouse not staying neat under the skirt when I sat down. What can be done?
2008_1020visby080046.jpg

Very cute.

If you wear a girdle and the skirt waist is higher than it you can tuck the shirt into the girdle

get_atomized

One of the Regulars
Mary said:
Yesterday I went for a stern look with a white blouse and a simple pencilskirt.
But I had some problem with the blouse not staying neat under the skirt when I sat down. What can be done?

Sometimes I pin it to a girdle/garter belt/underwear, but only if the fabric isn't so delicate it will rip. If I'm wearing pantyhose, I find tucking the bottom of the shirt into the waistband of the pantyhose helps it from creeping back out. Lovely photo, by the way.

maggiethespy

A-List Customer
Bingles said:
Outstanding!! You, Alan, and GWD need to pose for some sort of GQ style calendar.

Or retro beefcake calender... I mean... What? Attractive men in dapper clothes?lol

You could be Mr. March in that shirt, Slim.

Bugsy

One Too Many
thunderw21 said:
Much appreciated, Bugsy. Got any photos of yourself all spiffed up?

I've been spiffed up quite a bit lately, but I've been out of town and no time to take pictures. I'll have to work on that. Right now, I'm playing catch up but the hurrier I go, the behinder I get. I hope you've been well.

Slim Portly

One Too Many
maggiethespy said:
Or retro beefcake calender...
Ah, I take it you didn't see the infamous "kitchen pictures" before the Great Purge of '08?

(I'm sure Darhling has them stashed somewhere on her hard drive. ;))

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Mary said:
I had some problem with the blouse not staying neat under the skirt when I sat down. What can be done?

The waist will need to be fitted by taking in the side seams and/or placing darts in the back. Easy as pie ;) .... Any competent tailor or seamstress will be up to the task.

Mary

Practically Family
Thanks for the advice and the compliments;), Smuterella, Get atomized and Tomasso.

I'll try them all. I'm not sure I want it to be a slim fitted blouse. But maybe it would look better on me. It's very wide and I have to tuck it in in the back. I actually thought that was the look of it. I'll ask the sewing ladies.

You look lovely MaryDeluxe!!

Bingles

A-List Customer
Slim Portly said:
Ah, I take it you didn't see the infamous "kitchen pictures" before the Great Purge of '08?

(I'm sure Darhling has them stashed somewhere on her hard drive. ;))

Yes Maggie... you missed out if you did not see those!

Mrs. Merl

Practically Family
I like top hats. What kind of reaction do you get when you where yours metropd? I would like to get one for Mr. Merl, when we go to the theatre (oh and the outfit to go with it...)

Kermez

A-List Customer
Olive three-button double-vented suit; yellow french-cuff shirt; cufflinks silver, gold, and black; yellow pocket square and socks; maroon tie with gold, yellow, and black wavy pattern; black belt, shoes, and fedora.

(My semi Nero Wolfe look...)

carter

I'll Lock Up
Not that there's anything wrong with costumes but

GREAT LOOK, Manny! The best thing about that picture is that you are totally natural. I like to see a man who looks like he dresses well every day as opposed to someone who looks like a kid in a costume. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925