Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
I think this look is perfect for you, sweetheart. Very Brideshead Revisited ;)
Mary said:
And yesterday I went to the movies and saw Aelita and Public enemy.

fl0901004-1.jpg

Mary

Practically Family
Laura Chase said:
I can't really say without touching the fabric and looking at the seams, but if you think so, you must be right. But I would say that it looks authentic anyway!

Oh, I'll post close-up pics in the dating tread. It'd be so much fun if you were right!

Sir RBH

A-List Customer
Lefty said:
I don't think Tomasso was debating vest buttoning. For the second time, I think you've posted a photo with your pants...er...not completely closed.

That was actually taken on purpose.. to exhibit button fly trousers
No need to worry, nothing has escaped!!

Sir RBH

A-List Customer
Creeping Past said:
Quite right, Max Flash.

And, from my perspective, when royalty sets a trend the independent-minded free thinker goes in the opposite direction.

Why suffer drafts around the midriff for the sake for some misguided social aspiration?

Yours warmly and fully buttoned

CP

This dates from the days when Royalty were actually perceived as something much more important than the proletariat. If a member of Royalty dressed a certain way then everyone copied..

Sadly, and i mean VERY sadly, now if Kate Moss, Brad Pitt or J Lo are seen wearing soemthing then the rest of the herd follow
Oh, its a sad world.

RBH

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
Brown 3-piece today, Carrot & Gibbs bow, vintage spats I found this weekend. The flash picked up the slight crease from lying flat, it went away quickly.

DSC09053.jpg

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Since it looks like I'm not wearing any make-up in the previous pic, my vanity made me post this:
eyeshadow.jpg

I wore a faux blue rose in my hair too. I love blue roses, but I've never seen one in real life.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Impressive eyeliner! My hand has never been steady enough to create a line that nice. Blue roses always make me think of Glass Menagerie. I like the drawing of the squirrel too!

No pictures (yet anyway) but I'm wearing a knee length green and brown print dress with button accents and a 1940s cut from Boden, green 1940's style platform ankle strap heels with stud decoration, a green 1950's rhinestone bracelet and regrettably little lipstick after lunch (off to the bathroom to reapply).

cherry lips said:
Since it looks like I'm not wearing any make-up in the previous pic, my vanity made me post this:
eyeshadow.jpg

I wore a faux blue rose in my hair too. I love blue roses, but I've never seen one in real life.

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
imoldfashioned said:
Impressive eyeliner! My hand has never been steady enough to create a line that nice. Blue roses always make me think of Glass Menagerie. I like the drawing of the squirrel too!
Thank you imoldfashioned. I think liquid eyeliner is the trickiest part of applying make-up (if you don't count false eyelashes, which I've only tried once :eek: ), it's hard to get lucky with both eyes. We do have some masters of the flick here at the lounge, and a thread about it if I'm not mistaken. I was trying to channel this lady:
img_5.jpg

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
You've hit the nail on the head--it's not enough to be able to do it well once, you have to do it twice with the second eye matching the first! I've never been brave enough to try the false eyelashes--I can only imagine.

You did a good job channelling Priscilla. They really were a lovely couple.

cherry lips said:
Thank you imoldfashioned. I think liquid eyeliner is the trickiest part of applying make-up (if you don't count false eyelashes, which I've only tried once :eek: ), it's hard to get lucky with both eyes. We do have some masters of the flick here at the lounge, and a thread about it if I'm not mistaken. I was trying to channel this lady:
img_5.jpg

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
Thanks, imoldfashioned and CP :)

Creeping Past, I'm afraid I didn't make anything I'm wearing there (except my double albert chain). I will make a jacket one of these days (and a waistcoat and trousers to match), but I'm still studying all the details in construction. I do have another collarless shirt on the table right now, and a double breasted waistcoat and lapeled SB waistcoat are in the pipeline.

Cheers
Nick

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
-6F in the morning yesterday.
1943 Deacon E-1 RCAF flight jacket
wool sweater, Australian wool battledress trousers, brown shirt, knit cap, sunglasses, leather gloves, bean boots
IMG_1409.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot