Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
FABULOUS pic dman!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Dinerman said:
aIMG_5698.jpg

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Thank you both SP and HPGene. This has to be my favorite dress of my small but very nice collection of vintage clothing pieces.

I did finally get a couple of pics posted showing the metal stud detailing on this dress. I'm going to at some point take this dress to my deco seamstress and have her make me a pattern based off of it. I can have variations from this made up for me. She can get crepe fabric in 144 colors. I want this dress made up six ways from Sunday!

Slim Portly said:
CC, I do believe you've outdone yourself!

Torpedo

One Too Many
Here is my ensemble for today... an earth-toned palette.

Vintage items are hat (Stetson "San Juan", a lighterweight felt with Australian hatter markings), tie (50's?) and collar bar.

DSC_0479.jpg

DSC_0485.jpg

DSC_0489.jpg

Regards!

Torpedo

One Too Many
CCarey, charming as always. You would not look out of place at some première.
Dinerman, now that is a positively fabulous pic!
Metro, very dapper. Are you awaiting for some bootlegger delivery at some discreet location? And in whose side are you? ;)

Feraud

Bartender
metropd said:
How is the quality? I like them a lot.
Overall I have very little complaints on the shoe. The construction is fine and comfortable. The leather is o.k. I've owned better leather shoes.
I think the shoe could be competitive if the price were a bit lower. I have good luck finding quality shoes at good prices so I hesitate to pay too much..

Panache

A-List Customer
Today:

Black Argyll from Geoffrey (Tailor), grey tweed vest from Target, thrift store find tie (navy blue with yellow rampant lions and red script reading "Illegitimi non Carborundum"), military box pleated kilt, grey hose, royal blue balmoral, mink sporran, and my dressy walking stick.

DSC09283.jpg

Cheers

Jamie

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
you look FABULOUS Panache.
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
Panache said:
Today:

Black Argyll from Geoffrey (Tailor), grey tweed vest from Target, fhrift store find tie (navy blue with yellow rampant lines and red script reading "illegitimi non Carborundum"), grey hose, royal blue balmoral, mink sporran, and my dressy walking stick.

DSC09283.jpg

Cheers

Jamie

crazydaisy

Practically Family
Panache that's fantastic!

Metropod that's as cool as it gets.

Chanteuse Carey, you look great in that chocolate dress!

Torpedo I like your ensembles and I have to say I admired the one you posted in "Marc Chevalier helps your outfits thread" - the one with greens and blue - more colour in that one and I like to be pleasantly surprised by not so standard combinations.
The thread itself is great and Marc's advice precious - I just wish the ladies would have something similar, because less clued up people like myself could surely use the advice.
Chanteuse Carey has given me some advice in the past that I found helpful, also Paisley has been of great help in terms of colour choice. I just want to say: don't be afraid ladies to express a bit of criticism if needed, nobody will take it other than in a constructive way, and if they do, too bad. Personally I am here to grow. I'd rather be "pruned" in the right direction than ignored and left in my bad ways. I know that at the moment it's more miss than hit with me, and what is worse a lot of the times I do what I do and end up looking 70's :( , but I'll get there. Just that with your help it might take me less time :) !

Grant Fan

Practically Family
Here I am today, it is quite warm here in Maryland so that is why I look like summer. My family calls this my nurses dress, they think I look like at WW2 nurse in it.
Picture003.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Picture009.jpg

Picture010.jpg

Picture002.jpg

my new teal retro style sunglasses make me very happy, I have them in pink too
Picture007.jpg

Grant Fan

Practically Family
Fleur De Guerre said:
Crazydaisy, I think you look cute! I love your trousers. And Cherry Red and Clara look gorgeous too. Chaps, you're all looking as dapper as ever!

Here is me today, my boyfriend hates green and he hates wedges (so as you might imagine he loathes my shoes!) so I wear this outfit when I'm not seeing him! lol

3540161602_e8dcc5cf5c.jpg

Oh you look stunning, and I addore the front roll or bangs you have going on I try so hard to get the front of my hair to roll like that but with no luck I'm a smidge green over here too but for a totally different reason.

Gutshot

One of the Regulars
If you look like a nurse, well, I'm sure there are a few of us here that woudn't mind getting sick. :)

Grant Fan said:
Here I am today, it is quite warm here in Maryland so that is why I look like summer. My family calls this my nurses dress, they think I look like at WW2 nurse in it.
Picture003.jpg

Grant Fan

Practically Family
cynroux said:
...when my partner in crime and I update the look of our studio and set up shop at a large Washington, DC art gathering. Last year, it was Victorian Lowbrow. This year, we just decided to wear what we were comfortable with. I won't tattoo in my duds, but it was a non-tattoo day, so I looked a little better.
Paul always looks snazzy. :)

M'self:
3510999914_eb3fa56d18.jpg

And His'self (britishink):
3510999882_5290c1c5ae.jpg

as always you take fabulous pictures, and I can't wait to come down their in June for you to do my tattoo

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessmiller97