Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Lamplight

One of the Regulars
Marc Chevalier said:
Not THAT soon! You're only 31! lol

And, judging from the picture, doesn't even look old enough to be 31! I have a feeling this dress will be easily wearable for Daisy for many, many years to come.

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Cool, starting to sprinkle but that didn't stop me from busting out another summer look.

Casual shoes with a DB suit...
me122.jpg

front002-1.jpg

Goodwill find.
010-16.jpg

crazydaisy

Practically Family
Thank you guys.

Slim Portly, you look very well put together with great attention to details.

Not quite so well, another picture of my good intentions that somehow continue to fail to produce good results. This time a faux pas, not obvious in the mirror but clear here: a top tucked in a pair of high waisted trousers which, combined with very bad posture, manage to look very wrong.
I suppose this is where taking photos really helps. Shame is after the crime has been committed! :)

3539175553_e7319fe9fa_b.jpg

3539175545_60967c6667_b.jpg

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
Crazydaisy, I think you look cute! I love your trousers. And Cherry Red and Clara look gorgeous too. Chaps, you're all looking as dapper as ever!

Here is me today, my boyfriend hates green and he hates wedges (so as you might imagine he loathes my shoes!) so I wear this outfit when I'm not seeing him! lol

3540161602_e8dcc5cf5c.jpg

Anthony Jordan

Practically Family
Going to church:

002-6.jpg

Giving my new T.M. Lewin detachable collar shirt its first airing, paired with a modernsilk tie, 1950s(?) Co-op suit, silver half hunter watch and chain, etc.

003-4.jpg

004-5.jpg

I rather like the shirt - it is a pink on pink check. Sleeves are on the long side, unfortunately, so I am using sleeve garters.

007-3.jpg

I chose these old Church's Thames Oxfords as I didn't mind them getting wet in the pouring rain!

006-1.jpg

Stetson homburg and Fulton malacca-handled umbrella

008.jpg

[x-posted with AAAC]

And ladies - :eusa_clap - delightful!

Crazydaisy, the only thing I would do different is maybe wear a looser style blouse then a close fitting top, to contrast with he waist if the trousers. You look fab!
Thank you Fleur!! Your outfit is stunning!!!!!!

Fleur De Guerre said:
Crazydaisy, I think you look cute! I love your trousers. And Cherry Red and Clara look gorgeous too. Chaps, you're all looking as dapper as ever!

Here is me today, my boyfriend hates green and he hates wedges (so as you might imagine he loathes my shoes!) so I wear this outfit when I'm not seeing him! lol

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
Anthony Jordan, since you are so well dressed and you live in the UK, tell me if you ever drop by where I am. I'd be honoured to be seen together with such a smart gent. I'll try my best to look smart as well. :)

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Luke 42 said:
That's on swell jacket DMan! Any info on that one?
Thanks -
Mine's a 1953 issue, size 13 British Battledress jacket
My dad's has no markings, but is very similar to a battledress jacket as well, other than the lapels

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Deco Doll...

This is the first of a few pics from last night that were taken at the 25th Annual Art Deco Ball, held at the Paramount Theater in Oakland, CA. My silk chiffon evening gown with beading and velvet appliques is vintage inspired, bought at Nordstrom in 2003. The ruched gloves and jewelry are vintage pieces. My vintage fur stole I wore with this gown was in the coat check room.
364624027.jpg

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
I think it sad that Fleur has stolen Anthony's thunder. Sure she's a beauty but that's a hell of a suit he's wearing. [huh]

I keed, I keed.

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Fleur De Guerre said:
:mad: Your boyfriend should shut up and be cute (I'm hoping he's cute). Since you're snow white, emerald green was made for you *swoon*

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
deco man- its Wingnut!

as we took the pic(s), I'm posting this on his behalf. Here is none other than FL's Wingnut, as he was so handsomely vintage attired for the same Art Deco Ball Saturday night, in his white and tails and his beaver top hat. I did have a dance with him at the end of the evening...
364647309.jpg

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Professional Photo Shoot, VINTAGE ensemble

These were taken a local professional photographer out here Thursday 5/14/09. She was in my same Ladies Bible Study at our church on Thursday mornings and we had conversations over the course of several weeks when I started showing up there in vintage ensembles. Vintage clothing is definitely a conversation starter- at least for me! She really loves vintage clothing too. With telling her that I have my husband take pictures of my outfits, she gave me lots of posing tips and advice on how to take better pictures.

Finally one week, after I shared some printed copies of some pics I'd posted here on FL, she said "I'm bringing my camera. I want to take your picture." These were taken outdoors with a flash with her digital camera. These protographs were given to me by her gratis. The "vintage-fied" black and white head shot was recreated in Photoshop by my husband from instructions from a FL poster.

Head shot showing vintage inspired Miriam Haskel pearl necklace. Fur hat, eyeglasses, earrings, wool crepe dress and gauntlet gloves are 1940s vintage.
364649061.jpg
same shot in Blk&Wht ,"recreated" in the style as if it was taken in the 1940s.
364649071.jpg
Showing cream/off white accessories to go with dress to finish the look.
364649103.jpg
picture to show the amazing colors of the dress and metal stud detail on bodice, peplum and right sleeve.
364650276.jpg

Sir RBH

A-List Customer
Anthony Jordan said:
Going to church:

[

I rather like the shirt - it is a pink on pink check. Sleeves are on the long side, unfortunately, so I am using sleeve garters.
I chose these old Church's Thames Oxfords as I didn't mind them getting wet in the pouring rain!

Stetson homburg and Fulton malacca-handled umbrella
[x-posted with AAAC]

And ladies - :eusa_clap - delightful!

Excellent Suit and attire.. as always
Congrats

RBH

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayanda