Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
My secondhand LVC 1937 201s.
3530746105_3f68430f63.jpg

Surprisingly these fit a lot like today's straight leg models, only with a little more room thru the seat. No great flapping legs or overly high waists such as we associate with plain old pants from the 30s.

Then again, the original owner shrank-'em-to-fit (himself; I happened to be his size).

I picked these up for the unheard-of rock-bottom price of $100. They go about 3x that brand new, more than I would spend on a suit a overhauls.

Chad Sanborn

A-List Customer
Me today.

thursday.jpg

Shirt is a cotton orange polo.
Sweater vest is cotton, light blue, with orange cross stripes, dark brown triangles, and light tan/cream triangles.
Pants are linen, light tan/cream.

The shoes are my question mark here. They are brown and WHITE spectators. The white is a stark contrast to the otherwise cream colors. Is this ok?
Or should I find some brown/cream shoes? Or some other kind of shoe...a solid color maybe?

repeatclicks

Practically Family
Fletch said:
My secondhand LVC 1937 201s.
3530746105_3f68430f63.jpg

Surprisingly these fit a lot like today's straight leg models, only with a little more room thru the seat. No great flapping legs or overly high waists such as we associate with plain old pants from the 30s.

Then again, the original owner shrank-'em-to-fit (himself; I happened to be his size).

I picked these up for the unheard-of rock-bottom price of $100. They go about 3x that brand new, more than I would spend on a suit a overhauls.

Glad I live in London, Aero sells the entire LVC range, most for only £115 (the Levis store sells them for £150)! I personally like the 1933 version, as they still kept the braces buttons along with the cinch back and belt loops. No red tab yet at this point, but Roosevelt did have a National Recovery Act cloth tag put on the back of the jeans, a nice touch.

Bingles

A-List Customer
Very sharp.. I LOVE the shoes!

Chad Sanborn said:
Me today.

thursday.jpg

Sweater vest is cotton, light blue, with orange cross stripes, dark brown triangles, and light tan/cream triangles.

The shoes are my question mark here. They are brown and WHITE spectators. The white is a stark contrast to the otherwise cream colors. Is this ok?
Or should I find some brown/cream shoes? Or some other kind of shoe...a solid color maybe?

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Chad Sanborn said:
I wear white bucks with off-white, cream, tan, etc....[huh]

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
channeling Isobel Elsom* today...

(WHO?? Betcha most here don't don't know she is) Yesterday I received this rare find of a dress in near perfect condition found on evilBay. This wool crepe 1940s dress is made in three colors; pink nude, deep raspberry, blending into almost burgundy on skirt portion. It has applied tiny studs in a scalloped pattern across the bodice and the edge of the peplum and more studs scattered over the middle bodice and down the right sleeve. I'll try to post a high res detail pic showing that later. The dress fits me like a dream, and the style suits my 1940s vintage look perfectly. I couldn't be more delighted.

The vintage fur hat was found at the Vintage Fashion Expo in SF, as were the vintage taupe 40s shoes and my vintage 1940s AO eyeglasses. The vintage cream embroidered gauntlet length gloves and vintage earrings came from our fave vintage dealers in Daly City.

The Miriam Haskell pearl tiered necklace and matching pearl cuff are new, as is the large clutch purse, all from from Nordstrom.

364346693.jpg

*Isobel Elsom played Rita Hayworth's godmother, Mrs. Maria Castro in "You Were Never Lovelier". She was 49 at the time the film was made, and was even my height!
the mini-bio of her on IMDB.com says she was "The epitome of opulent, grande dame haughtiness... played a number of huffy bluebloods". She also played Freddy Enysford-Hill's mother in "My Fair Lady".

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Gorgeous look here Chad S...

Oh, were you wearing shoes;) ? just kidding, NOT! I think if you went with cream and brown shoes it would almost look like you tried too hard to have it all match. Great color scheme happening in this outfit, a real flair shown here.

Chad Sanborn said:
Me today.

thursday.jpg

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Simply elegant and BEAUTIFUL SP...

Always on my "Best Dressed Gents on FL" list. Great cuff links and that telescoped crown on the buttery Stetson- yummy. Makes me want to come on over and ask if I can stroke the hat. (I can't believe I just said that. Uh... yeah I can:) ) Love seeing the detail shots from you, as you certainly know, "its all in the details" dear!

Slim Portly said:
Navy wool double breasted 6/2 with peak lapels, baby blue silk pocket square and tonal striped shirt, navy socks, black cap toes, silver cuff links with blue inserts, blue braces, black/blue tie, and a simply exquisite buttery soft Royal Stetson with a 2 1/4 inch ribbon with a back bow and telescope crown.

DSC05117-CROP.jpg

DSC05124-CROP.jpg

DSC05122-CROP.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR