Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
Gijoe, it seems we have similar tastes in outdoor clothing!
You might want to add this post of yours to "The Adventurer's Gear Thread":
http://thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?p=807273#post807273

Is the "Austrian style" Bergmutze from eBay(I've seen the ones from a WW2 uniform seller on eBay), or from a German/Austrian supplier?
I bought a nice black one from a traditional German hat supplier but the ear flaps don't come all the way down- it's just the way it's made.

You look a little bit Gebirgsjäger but not too much. Are you OK with that?

I'm a little more Tiroler Kaiserjäger, I guess.

Do you know where I can get a cap like yours(if it's not von eBay),
or more to the point, where I can get the WW1 Austro-Hungarian Kaiserjäger style Feldkappe/mutze???

I had a look at your Picasa Web gallery- is that a Swedish Anorak and rucksack? Reed green HBT Panzer trousers?

If you like vintage for the outdoors, you might like to visit this web site and have a look at the photos:

http://www.historicalhillwalkers.com/

...and keep an eye on "The Adventurer's Gear Thread"

Well done!

B
T

Gijoe

A-List Customer
Thanks for the link
The Cap is from ebay seller barrylondon. A " early style ?" Gebirgsjägermütze with Buckle. I ordered also a LW blue.
This Cap was in the 1930s popular for Sporting an skiing. Looks for modern eyes a bit military but is the best cap for the Mountains.
The HBT Trousers are LW Jump Pants from a chinese ebay seller. " WWII Reenactors phantasie" but great quality and a nice color.
The backback is Swedish, i think the off white Arctic Anorak also.
A bargain from ebay.uk , not very stylish but best quality.
I have much better looking Vintage Outdoor Gear. Thats good for a Sunday walk out, in normal climate zones. In extreme zones you need primarily useful clothing and equipment, otherwise one finds one day your well dressed corpse.
BellyTank said:
Gijoe

Is the "Austrian style" Bergmutze from eBay(I've seen the ones from a WW2 uniform seller on eBay), or from a German/Austrian supplier?
I bought a nice black one from a traditional German hat supplier but the ear flaps don't come all the way down- it's just the way it's made.

You look a little bit Gebirgsjäger but not too much. Are you OK with that?

I'm a little more Tiroler Kaiserjäger, I guess.

Do you know where I can get a cap like yours(if it's not von eBay),
or more to the point, where I can get the WW1 Austro-Hungarian Kaiserjäger style Feldkappe/mutze???

I had a look at your Picasa Web gallery- is that a Swedish Anorak and rucksack? Reed green HBT Panzer trousers?

If you like vintage for the outdoors, you might like to visit this web site and have a look at the photos:

http://www.historicalhillwalkers.com/

...and keep an eye on "The Adventurer's Gear Thread"

Well done!

B
T

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
Originally Posted by Gijoe
extreme zones you need primarily useful clothing and equipment, otherwise one finds one day your well dressed corpse.

Yes, that was a good one.
Mallory was a well dressed corpse too.

Gijoe- I thought it was a Barrylyndon cap, thanks.
And yes- the non-yellow LW assault trousers.

If you have a lot of vintage style outdoor gear to show, you should definitely show us, on The Adventurer's Gear Thread.

Also, if you have a good list of links to German/Austrian/Swiss/etc. suppliers of good quality traditional and vintage style outdoor clothing, then please enlighten us with your discoveries. There are many interested people here,
who don't speak German, or other European languages and would benefit from some help in finding "the good stuff" in Europe.

Thanks for the info.

B
T

maggiethespy

A-List Customer
This is actually a couple of Thursdays ago, but I'm wearing it out tonight, too.
4293_1158706762527_1073511362_30483.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany