Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Bugsy

One Too Many
??

Always a treat to see you, Nick. Is that the ensemble you wear to change to nappies?? (sorry about that ;) ;) ;) ;) )

Best,
Roy

Nick D said:
It was supposed to be cooler today, but ended up being warm. Oh well.

'34 tweed trousers
Brown Clarks brogues
Vintage 5-pocket tweed waistcoat
Modern jacket
Lee fedora
Vintage Rocolla collar
Silk bow

I posted more or less this same outfit in the 'Chavalier helps your outfits' thread, except with black shoes and a white pocket square. At Marc's recommendation I got a red silk pocket square to coordinate with the red pattern in the bowtie.

DSC00137.jpg

DSC00134.jpg

DSC00139.jpg

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
Bugsy said:
Always a treat to see you, Nick. Is that the ensemble you wear to change to nappies?? (sorry about that ;) ;) ;) ;) )

Best,
Roy

Thanks Roy, and yep, I've changed nappies in it today, and burped him several times :D lol

It is risky, he almost got my linen suit last time I wore it :eek:

Bugsy

One Too Many
You are braver than I am, Nick. Have you considered one of those sheets that is put around you when you get a haircut??
;) ;)
BTW, how is the little one doing? How is your wife??
R

Nick D said:
Thanks Roy, and yep, I've changed nappies in it today, and burped him several times :D lol

It is risky, he almost got my linen suit last time I wore it :eek:

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
benstephens said:
There nice trousers. What do you mean by 34', is that the date?, are they dated inside?

Kindest Regards

Ben

Ben, sorry, they are made from the 1934 dated pattern from EvaDress.com.

Bugsy said:
You are braver than I am, Nick. Have you considered one of those sheets that is put around you when you get a haircut??

BTW, how is the little one doing? How is your wife??
R

Roy, both are doing fine, though Cassie's needed some extended rest. She's recovering well, though, just needs to take it easy. William's a very active baby, especially at night! ;)

Cheers,
Nick

get_atomized

One of the Regulars
I wore this long-tail tuxedo to my father's wedding this past weekend. I had it tailored to fit nicely. The tag in the inside jacket pocket says it was custom-made on Dec 21 1934! I thought you folks might get a kick out of this. Sorry they're kind of huge!

wedding015.jpg

wedding020.jpg

wedding035.jpg

wedding057.jpg

Being a wonderful little sister in this one.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Been waiting for the weather to be right to wear this vintage skirt. An instant favorite. So comfortable to wear, I'm going to trace it off and make a pattern so I can replicate it in similar weight fabrics. This long but not too long length is perfect for dancing and walking as it doesn't hit my shoes to get caught on them or end up grazing the floor to get stepped on either. The square scarf and favorite 40s kelly green hat are also vintage pieces. The fun bracelet is actually a new Kate Spade necklace, wrapped three times to wear as a bracelet! I wore it with the vintage skirt and added the new RL orange belt as this colorful piece says 40s Carmen Miranda to me! I've got the hat covering my un-made up face, 'cuz I went to consult with my deco seamstress today and didn't want to possibly end up getting makeup on my vintage clothes that I might need to try on. Hair was a mess too by the time I got back from there (Oakland) and other errands to have pictures taken... Vintage 40s red long pointed oval nails (needing a fill), and painted tootsies too.

The vintage hat label says "Marshall Fields Debutante Room"
369249800.jpg

With the hat held in this position, the finished picture for some odd reason makes me think 'toreador'...:p
369249770.jpg

get_atomized said:
I wore this long-tail tuxedo to my father's wedding this past weekend. I had it tailored to fit nicely. The tag in the inside jacket pocket says it was custom-made on Dec 21 1934! I thought you folks might get a kick out of this. Sorry they're kind of huge!

wedding020.jpg
Muy Bueno!

crazydaisy

Practically Family
Chanteuse Carey, those are really nice colours put together in that outfit, lovely to look at!
369249770.jpg

SayCici, thats beautiful and sweet:
3708938336_c992a08813.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy