Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Feraud

Bartender
Typical weekend gear.
DSC07140.jpg

Panache

A-List Customer
Today was the first day of the 2009 Dunsmuir Highland Games held at the historic Dunsmuir House in Oakland (featured in the films "Burnt Offerings" and "View to a Kill")

Me in highland day wear attire

DSC09566.jpg

Sadly the beautiful Morgan motorcar is only mine in my dreams! :)

By the by, that "man purse" (i.e. messenger bag) held fruit bars for the kids, water bottles, a flask, cups, and a big enough blanket to spread out for my family to sit and watch the heavy athletics.

Some may disagree, but to me messenger bags are cool.

It was a beautiful day with temperatures in the low 70's so I was able to properly dress for the occasion. I was somewhat taken aback by how many compliments I recieved and requests to have photos taken!

It was sad to note that excluding the pipe bands I was one of exactly two individuals wearing a tie.

Oh well, it is sometimes nice to stand out

Cheers

Jamie

get_atomized

One of the Regulars
Panache said:
g_a,

You wear that tailcoat far better than a lot of men I have seen. :eusa_clap

By the by, you are impossibly cute in these pictures but I think you know that! :)

Cheers

Jamie

Well Jamie, you are impossibly cute in that kilt, but I think YOU must already know that!

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Panache is right, Get Atomized, you wear those tails extremely well.

And SayCici, I like your style. Feminine and playful.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Worn at a poolside visit at a new friend's home today, the other lady also wearing a big pink hat. Evelyn recently celebrated her 90th birthday.The third lady in the center is the mother of a ballroom dance friend.
369316452.jpg
I sewed this burnout silk velvet top (it is reversible, the other side is a solid pink silk charmeuse), and the coral silk noil shorts and matching jacket. The shorts have been worn more often and have much faded. The three pieces are part of the travel wardrobe I sewed for a trip to Greece in early Summer 2000.
369316449.jpg
369316444.jpg

poggleberry

One of the Regulars
We went to a great show in Caen, Northern France last weekend. It was full of classic cars and bikes, I dressed up for the occasion and my boyfriend took some photo's of me with the cars. My dress is from Marks & Spencer's 125 years anniversary collection, the design is adapted from their archives.
CIMG2152.jpg

CIMG2158.jpg

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
poggleberry said:
We went to a great show in Caen, Northern France last weekend. It was full of classic cars and bikes, I dressed up for the occasion and my boyfriend took some photo's of me with the cars. My dress is from Marks & Spencer's 125 years anniversary collection, the design is adapted from their archives.
CIMG2152.jpg

CIMG2158.jpg

Lovely! I did like that dress, but I never got to M&S to try it on. Fab pics!

poggleberry

One of the Regulars
Thanks for the lovely comments.
Fleur De Guerre - I missed Rockabilly Rave this year, it was great to see your outfits, I especially like the bellbottom trousers.
Bugsy - You look very relaxed and at home in your suit, you wear it well.
Inky - Love you in the Swirl dress (and the car), so many of you ladies have these, gotta get me one myself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy