Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Antje

One Too Many
SayCici said:
I haven't shared in a while but thought I would today. :)
4155926063_259f9267f4.jpg

Vintage 1930s crocheted blouse, handmade trousers from a mid-30s pattern, Payless saddles.

:eusa_clap speechless

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
SayCici said:
I haven't shared in a while but thought I would today. :)
4155926063_259f9267f4.jpg

Vintage 1930s crocheted blouse, handmade trousers from a mid-30s pattern, Payless saddles.

Well done, makes for a nice combination.

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
I got in a new British dinner suit recently, 1950s single breasted, heavy wool by Burton. I need to get a cummerbund though... Any comments welcome since I've just got it in.

Here is me channeling either Bobby Darin, or James Mason, depending on my mood. My tie is not tied nice enough for that Cary Grant from "To Catch a Thief" look ...

379084173.jpg

379084178.jpg

379084190.jpg

This made me get out my 1940s vintage Palm Beach white double breasted jacket. Here's me channelling Bogie from Casablanca...

379084186.jpg

379084189.jpg

Opera season is coming up so I'm thinking which one to wear.
I'll wear tails opening night, but after that I'm debating white or black jacket...

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Dinerman said:
Went out with friends last night.
'40s suit, overcoat, '40s abstract tie, '30s Lee Waterbloc, blue shirt with red and gray woven stripes
P1000577.jpg

Same suit and coat as yesterday ( ^ ), but a change in shirt (gray) , tie (red) and hat (gray adventurebilt).

P1000652.jpg

P1000683.jpg

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
No pictures yet, but went to the Chap Ball last night and it was amazing! Opulent, decadent, white tie, black tie, tweeds, sequins, pearls and fur..

I wore a never worn 1950s black, exquisitely soft silk velvet gown, halter neck and backless. It is as if it was cut just for me.

JEEP

Practically Family
061209.jpg

How I envy all you who are able to dress vintage so often. I rarely get to wear anything remotely vintage, because the bosses at the hunting/outdoor store where I work are strongly against me wearing vintage (even a plain shirt and tie) at work.
Though, every sunday in december, where the shop is open up to christmas, I have made it a tradition for me to dress vintage for work - and though the bosses are not thrilled about it, they seem to have accepted it in the spirit of christmas. Interesting thing is that I have never gotten even a single negative reaction from a customer due to dressing like this.

Regards.

Jakob

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
MarcusB said:
This has to be my fave outfit though :), look much better with this shirt and it goes really well with the tie I think :D.
I do like the elegant simplicity of it. I have a similarly coloured suit, and as a suggestion try a grey tie as well (keeping the white shirt). A patterned grey tie is even better (mine has a pattern made up of darker grey squares).

Another suggestion would be to add a white pocket square. It won't compromise the look but add to it without looking overdone.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou