Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
img2691c.jpg

img2687f.jpg

img2689y.jpg

kools

Practically Family
P1030149.jpg

Milwaukee today 30 degrees F

Late 1940s jacket
1940s pants
Bass Weejuns

Pardon me if I look tired; I have a baby.

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Lenore said:
My goodness, Mario. You remind me so much of my PawPaw when he was a young man.

Well, now tell me: is that a good thing? ;)

And by the way: you've already managed to pass the 'New In Town' tag and have become an '"A" List Customer' so your postcount obviously isn't too bad... :D

Lenore

Practically Family
Mario said:
Well, now tell me: is that a good thing? ;)

Mario,

My mother's step-father was the coolest man I ever knew. He was born in 1917, and a medic in the army during WWII. My fondest memories of my childhood involve my PawPaw, so I would say its a good thing. You both have the same build, bone structure, and stance. That photograph stirs up some fantastic memories for me. :)

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Lenore said:
Mario,

My mother's step-father was the coolest man I ever knew. He was born in 1917, and a medic in the army during WWII. My fondest memories of my childhood involve my PawPaw, so I would say its a good thing. You both have the same build, bone structure, and stance. That photograph stirs up some fantastic memories for me. :)

Seems that I nailed down a very particular vintage look for you with that photo. Well, then I'm happy that it brings back those fond memories. My pleasure. :)

sproily

Practically Family
I made very very lovely discovery today. A 30's ski suit jacket by Atlas (the same company whose catalogs I've been showing around the lounge). It's wonderful. High waist, virtually unused and most importantly.. exactly my size.

atlastakki1.jpg

atlastakki4.jpg

atlastakki5.jpg

sproily

Practically Family
Thanks! They are balmoral boots by a Swedish company. Bobby Burns Refined. The quality is not worth mentioning (cemented) but they look the part.

Scotus

One of the Regulars
Sproily, as usual, you are able to put together an outfit with perfection. Your photographic skills are also to be admired.

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Great jacket, Sproily. I also admire your skills to combine your outfits. I wouldn't wear breeches myself but...well... I live in germany you know? Don't mention the war. lol

sproily

Practically Family
Scotus, I hope you mean photogenic, because these photos were taken by my very talented girlfriend :)

Flat, breeches are quite well in the Finnish culture and are referred to as (roughly) "boot trousers". So they don't have that bad military connotations. Very traditional Finnish piece of clothing.

Perhaps I wouldn't wear them if I were german too, though lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn