Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Scotus

One of the Regulars
sproily said:
Scotus, I hope you mean photogenic, because these photos were taken by my very talented girlfriend :)

Yes, sorry. My compliment was meant for your ability to put an outfit together, as well as a compliment to the photographer. And, yes, you are photogenic. :)

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
sproily said:
Scotus, I hope you mean photogenic, because these photos were taken by my very talented girlfriend :)

Flat, breeches are quite well in the Finnish culture and are referred to as (roughly) "boot trousers". So they don't have that bad military connotations. Very traditional Finnish piece of clothing.

Perhaps I wouldn't wear them if I were german too, though lol
Well I don't know much about finnish breeches except from uhm...tom of finland
But they fit you well for sure. The last picture shows a very interessting silhouette too

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
sproily said:
I made very very lovely discovery today. A 30's ski suit jacket by Atlas (the same company whose catalogs I've been showing around the lounge). It's wonderful. High waist, virtually unused and most importantly.. exactly my size.

atlastakki1.jpg

You got that look down-
Now- I would be very happy if you could find me such a jacket in a
size 42, which would probably answer to a 52, here in Europe.
I'm all about this type/vintage gear- '30s, sports, alpine, ski, hiking, hunting... none in STHM, unfortunately.

Send me one over when you can.

B
T

Maguire

Practically Family
Good stuff. We're holed up at another hotel until tomorrow then i'm back to square one living in a caravan with no internet access. The hotel is at Spanish Point so the view is ok but without transport i've kind of just lounged around here all day. i did get a good shot taken over by the beach :
SpanishPoint2.jpg

And yes, i did have a hat, my flat cap is in my coat pocket. I had to leave my fedora in the caravan of our last worksite until i return.

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
Maguire said:
Good stuff. We're holed up at another hotel until tomorrow then i'm back to square one living in a caravan with no internet access. The hotel is at Spanish Point so the view is ok but without transport i've kind of just lounged around here all day. i did get a good shot taken over by the beach :
SpanishPoint2.jpg

And yes, i did have a hat, my flat cap is in my coat pocket. I had to leave my fedora in the caravan of our last worksite until i return.

very nice. Something about this picture just screams "The Doctor" to me.

sproily

Practically Family
BellyTank said:
You got that look down-
Now- I would be very happy if you could find me such a jacket in a
size 42, which would probably answer to a 52, here in Europe.
I'm all about this type/vintage gear- '30s, sports, alpine, ski, hiking, hunting... none in STHM, unfortunately.

Send me one over when you can.

B
T

I will if I'm lucky enough to find one :) Surely.

sproily

Practically Family
djgo-cat-go said:
My girlfriend told me I should tell you you're so cool, and she finds you a very handsome young man.. I think she has just fallen in love with you ;)

love the jacket!

No way 'cat, that's too much! I'm blushing :eek:

Thank you both so much :) :)

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Casual Wednesday here. Wearing a pair of dark brown RL boot cut cords with a red sweater set with beading. The color combination makes me think of chocolate covered cherries at Christmastime. Sorry, no pic unfortunately, not really that exciting- just basics.

LaMedicine

One Too Many
In my mother's rejuvenated kimono

Today was commencement ceremonies of the nursing school run by our medical foundation where I teach half a term. So, for the ceremony and the party afterwards, I wore a kimono that was my mothers, that had some serious stains all over when she gave it to me. I took it to a kimono craftsman who works with old kimonos. He suggested to redye the kimono by
1) covering the motif with a protective film layer,
2) then use a spray dye method and
3) spray dye first, yellow a shade deeper than the stains, then
4) spray dye light blue a shade deeper than the orginal very light blue base color.
This is how it came out. Detail of the base color first.
10FebMomArtDecoDet1W.jpg

10March4KimonoMomArtDecoFro.jpg

Incidentally, the obi was also my mother's.

Showing off the entire front and back motifs.
10Feb4KimonoMomArtDecoFront.jpg

10Feb4KimonoMomArtDecoBack1.jpg

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Beautiful, simply beautiful, LaMed. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

It's great that you have access to artisans who can preform such an intricate reclamation project as that.

Hal

Practically Family
wool ties

Shangas said:
...I've never seen a tie made out of wool before. I always assumed that ties were only ever made out of cotton and/or silk...
Until about 25 years ago wool ties were standard wear in the UK (and, because of their rougher surface, perhaps preferred wear) with tweed jackets and tweed suits. Favourite makers were Craigmill, Lochcarron and Munrospun. They were rarer in continental Europe but not unknown.

Claireg

One of the Regulars
ok guys,
you are all looking so spectacular, we know..

So come on girls, follow Lameds lead and get those posts up.
We need to show these boys how foxy we are dressing too!

This was me today, regular working in court clothes - my colleagues dont bat an eye now whatever vintage creation I prance in with!

1940's Guipure (is that spelt right?) lace blouse with glass buttons
fake 50's style pencil skirt
modern shoes
my fav vintage handbag
And my hair only took 20 mins to do today! result!

The Shooman

Practically Family
Tomasso said:
Beautiful, simply beautiful, LaMed. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

It's great that you have access to artisans who can preform such an intricate reclamation project as that.

Nice to see something different. Yes, l do like it.

Mr Badger

Practically Family
Jaxxon black herringbone Big Apple cap; Levi's vintage 'Freemont SF' sweatshirt; 'motorcycle' belt; 1920 Levi's Vintage jeans; black & white Stewart Marshall saddle shoes; Levi's Vintage 'Big E' Type II jacket; Black wax 'Trialmaster' type jacket (with vintage metal motorcycle badges); white silk scarf w'tassels...

Shoulda brought my vintage brown tortoisehell Ray Ban Clubmasters out with me, too – wonder of wonders, it's stopped raining and the sun's come out!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace