Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Slim Portly

One Too Many
Edward said:
Cracking suit, Slim. Is it vintage, or repro? Really like the saddle shoes, too - nice brouging detail on them.
sproily said:
Looks to be a 70's suit
I'll go with that, as the labels aren't very helpful. Inside the jacket is a label which states "Phoenix Clothes Designed for J.R. Gentry Ltd. Lakewood, N.Y." The vest only has a small care instruction label. Nowhere to be found are size labels or indications of fabric content, not even in the trousers. [huh]

Thank you for the kind words and comments, gentlemen.

Edited to add: Here are better pictures of the shoes, cross-posted from the Saddle Oxfords thread. As with the suit, I'm clueless as to the age, but I would not assume that they are very old.

IMG_0229-crop.jpg

IMG_0242-crop.jpg

LordBest

Practically Family
I wore this yesterday, and an American student said I looked preppy. Today a similar look but with grey trousers and a camel knit top. No picture owing to unreliable camera.

preppychap.jpg

I apologise for the quality (lack thereof) ofthe picture.

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
I had juries today (and finals, I am now finished my second year of music school), so I dressed up a bit.

I am wearing my Hong Kong suit of dubious age as well as the my favorite waistcoat, a tie my dad picked up in China, and my St. Regis special. (I like the ring there, so I am going to keep calling it that.)

Here is a bust shot so you can see color,
DSCN0466.jpg

and a sorta silhouette shot
DSCN0463.jpg

Oh, and the tag if anyone cares:
DSCN0465.jpg

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
sproily said:
Very promising Yeps, keep on trucking!

Post Scriptum:

As in a prominent new Fed Lounge star ;)

Thank you very much. Now I need to start finding a better way of taking pictures.

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
Today I am flying to Budapest, so I figured I would chip in with what I am wearing.
DSCN0470.jpg

I will post pictures in the steamer trunk when I get back, assuming my camera works.

Edward

Bartender
Slim Portly said:
Edited to add: Here are better pictures of the shoes, cross-posted from the Saddle Oxfords thread. As with the suit, I'm clueless as to the age, but I would not assume that they are very old.

IMG_0229-crop.jpg

IMG_0242-crop.jpg

These look great. I wish saddle shoes were more widely available. Things are getting better with co-respondants, though, so maybe that will change.

Slim Portly

One Too Many
Today was "Crazy Wig Day" at work, so I wore... this. I was told by various people that I looked like George Harrison, Bobby Goldsboro, a news reporter, and Shaggy from Scooby Doo.

IMG_0253-crop.jpg

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
No photograph, unfortunately, but today, in honour this being my grandmother's...*drumroll, please*...96th BIRTHDAY!! I headed out today wearing something bit more formal than I usually would.

Off-white business-shirt.
Stainless steel cufflinks.
Light tan trousers.
Tan shoes.
Black waistcoat.
Black blazer.
Watch, chain.
Grey trilby. Black band.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member