Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Darhling said:
GiJoe & Cherry Lips - Thank you so much!! I have gotten the Marilyn comment a few times, but unfortunatly it is only the hair that remotely resembles her.

Mario - Great outfit!! I think you are one of those gents here who truly looks natural in a hat. And I am a sucker for cravats as well.. amazing.

Thank you, Darhling! :)

Quigley Brown said:
Incredible get-up....especially the trousers. :eusa_clap

Thanks Quigley. Unfortunately those trousers are absolutely trashed. Very dirty on the front of the thighs, and I need to wear a jacket that's too long for me to hide the two gigantic patches in the rear end. lol

I'm looking to find some fabric to have these copied. They really are amazingly well cut trousers and such great fabric, as you point out.

bk

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Baron Kurtz said:
I forgot to mention that they're made of a tweed with an amazing hand. Almost brushed cotton texture, but obviously wool. That doesn't describe it very well, but it's quite remarkable fabric and I don't hole out too much hope of finding anything too close to it. :cry:

bk

I know what you mean, I've a vintage costume made of pretty much the same stuff.

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
I'm in sort of a perplexity a week from now. I've been asked to model...vintage style...for a portrait painting course. It will be four three-hour classes. Now what am I going to wear??? [huh] :D

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
Mario said:
Getting ready for my birthday party.

mallory_05_13_10.jpg
Nice shirt. Is it vintage (looks 50s) or just good retro.

Herzlichen Glückwunsch zum Geburtstag.

Mario

I'll Lock Up
avedwards said:
Nice shirt. Is it vintage (looks 50s) or just good retro.

Herzlichen Glückwunsch zum Geburtstag.

Thanks! :)

The shirt is just retro looking. It was actually plain white when I bought it. I dyed it red and the stitching didn't take the color but remained white, which adds to 50's look (even though that particular detail is hard to make out in the photo). :D

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
Mario said:
Thanks! :)

The shirt is just retro looking. It was actually plain white when I bought it. I dyed it red and the stitching didn't take the color but remained white, which adds to 50's look (even though that particular detail is hard to make out in the photo). :D
It's that detail which made me ask in the first place. And the pocket detail.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
A lovely picture was taken of myself and my almost 16yo daughter Sarah at the Art Deco Ball at Bimbo's 365 club in San Francisco on Saturday, May 8, 2010. Photo by deco photographer extraordinaire Michele Diane Smith. Sarah is wearing her volunteer badge, she and her brother Daniel handed out programs at the front door to the attendees as they arrived for the Ball. As Volunteer Co-Chairs, my husband and I checked in all the volunteers in and made sure they knew what jobs and shifts they had to do.
387119990.jpg

Bugsy

One Too Many
chanteuseCarey said:
A lovely picture was taken of myself and my almost 16yo daughter Sarah at the Art Deco Ball at Bimbo's 365 club in San Francisco on Saturday, May 8, 2010. Photo by deco photographer extraordinaire Michele Diane Smith. Sarah is wearing her volunteer badge, she and her brother Daniel handed out programs at the front door to the attendees as they arrived for the Ball. As Volunteer Co-Chairs, my husband and I checked in all the volunteers in and made sure they knew what jobs and shifts they had to do.
387119990.jpg

It was a great evening and you two ladies made it all the more special.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steveng183