Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Last night: Late dinner out with a FL friend.

Dinner: duck salad Thai. Dining companion: scrumptious.

The Look: vintage inspired RL golden brown high-waisted pleated wool trousers. It was so hot I should have opted for the same RL trousers in a light colored linen. Gold lurex knit sleeveless tank sweater, part of a set. beige low heeled pumps, vintage inspired Miriam Haskell matching pearl necklace, cuff bracelet, and earrings.

IMG_0393-CROP.jpg
IMG_0394-crop.jpg

Slim Portly

One Too Many

Dinner: vegetarian Thai. Dining companion: delicious.

The Look: Herringbone weave linen suit, "soap and saddle" oxfords, vintage wrap-around cuff links, vintage bow tie, and a Dobbs Fifth Avenue shantung gambler.

IMG_0389-crop.jpg

IMG_0394-crop.jpg

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Well done, SP!
The Look: Classic Elegance. The Man: exquisitely warm.

Slim Portly said:
Last night: late dinner out with a FL friend.

Dinner: vegetarian Thai. Dining companion: delicious.

The Look: Herringbone weave linen suit, "soap and saddle" oxfords, vintage wrap-around cuff links, and a Dobbs Fifth Avenue shantung gambler.

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
Going to town to buy my brother a birthday present. Having my mol with me meant I naturally had to dress up. I don't know how I managed to survive the heat and end up looking cool and collected by the time I reached the car.
200137.jpg

-West German wool/mohair blend jacket which is surprisingly comfortable in the heat.
-Vintage tie (probably 60s).
-Pinstriped waistcoat from a 60s three piece suit.
-Trousers of unknown age.
-Modern pocket watch with a vintage chain.
-Modern shirt and shoes.

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
Later today. I decided to remove the waistcoat and change my trousers for the sake of comfort.
200423.jpg

-50s tie (the label and contruction leads me to think so).
-Cream/off-white trousers seen in my post from yesterday.

Maguire

Practically Family
avedwards said:
Later today. I decided to remove the waistcoat and change my trousers for the sake of comfort.
200423.jpg

-50s tie (the label and contruction leads me to think so).
-Cream/off-white trousers seen in my post from yesterday.
I like the gray and black stripes but despite the colors, they definitely look LOUD. They remind me of what Christopher Walken was wearing in Batman Returns, i believe it was a similar pattern.
0dd2ed41aeb49060

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
Maguire said:
I like the gray and black stripes but despite the colors, they definitely look LOUD. They remind me of what Christopher Walken was wearing in Batman Returns, i believe it was a similar pattern.
0dd2ed41aeb49060
The loudness was what drew me to the jacket, as well as its suitability for warmer weather. It is rather similar to Walken, though he has a whole suit I believe which would look even bolder than just a jacket. Mine actually has three stripes though: black, black and grey (appearing dark grey from a distance) and light grey.

Maguire

Practically Family
Fair enough, i forgot that the British Isles "summer" is not nearly as unbearable and sweltering as an NYC winter. Its not a bad look, mind you, i like the pattern, i just wouldn't do it myself. Its a shame you couldn't get it as a full suit though, no matter how loud it would be.

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
Maguire said:
Fair enough, i forgot that the British Isles "summer" is not nearly as unbearable and sweltering as an NYC winter. Its not a bad look, mind you, i like the pattern, i just wouldn't do it myself. Its a shame you couldn't get it as a full suit though, no matter how loud it would be.
Believe me, today was unbearable. It just took a lot of heat tolerance not to break into sweat (as well as sticking to the shadows wherever I was). However we have few days like this.

I like the pattern because it's interesting but surprisingly versatile in that it will look at home with every shirt I own and most trousers. I wouldn't mind a full suit like it (I saw a similar one on here a few months ago), but I'm fairly sure that mine is just an odd jacket as I got it probably unused from a vintage shop.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
The perfect attire for a hot day in San Jose. Worn at 4pm for my lap swimming workout in my local YMCA's outdoor pool... Nike ladies one piece black swimsuit, men's white Body Glove SPF 50 long sleeve rashguard shirt, black swim shoes, white Speedo swimcap and snorkeling type large yellow RX lens swim goggles. No pic available.

Lady Pearl

New in Town
chanteuseCarey said:

Dinner: duck salad Thai. Dining companion: scrumptious.

The Look: vintage inspired RL golden brown high-waisted pleated wool trousers. It was so hot I should have opted for the same RL trousers in a light colored linen. Gold lurex knit sleeveless tank sweater, part of a set. beige low heeled pumps, vintage inspired Miriam Haskell matching pearl necklace, cuff bracelet, and earrings.

IMG_0393-CROP.jpg
IMG_0394-crop.jpg

The necklace is divine, very elegant indeed. :)

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Thank you Lady Pearl. It was a bit of a stretch financially to purchase this when I did, but it has been a definite "go to" piece for so many occasions, and the cuff especially too. They seem to go with practically everything I have- pearls are just like that I guess!

Lady Pearl said:
The necklace is divine, very elegant indeed. :)

Lady Pearl

New in Town
chanteuseCarey said:
Thank you Lady Pearl. It was a bit of a stretch financially to purchase this when I did, but it has been a definite "go to" piece for so many occasions, and the cuff especially too. They seem to go with practically everything I have- pearls are just like that I guess!

Agrred!

RE 'bit of a stretch financially'...they looked worth every penny ;)

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Thank you again, you are very kind. Yes, Lady Pearl, more than I'd ever spent for costume jewelry, but I considered this one classic, yet bold set by Miriam Haskell as a wardrobe investment purchase at the time- and its really paid off with how often I wear these. Kind of like a like a man making an investment purchase of a tuxedo, or a vintage Palm Beach DB summer suit..

Lady Pearl said:
Agrred!
RE 'bit of a stretch financially'...they looked worth every penny ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy