Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
chanteuseCarey is lookin' Hot...................Sorry, I had to say it, trite as it is,,,:eek:

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Thank you for the compliment Tomasso, trite or not. Must be due in part to that very charming dinner companion of mine that evening, he had brought out the best in me...

Tomasso said:
chanteuseCarey is lookin' Hot...................Sorry, I had to say it, trite as it is,,,:eek:

McFarlaneNYC

Familiar Face
From awhile ago:
4672294154_e1df2575ac_b.jpg

White Levi Workshirt
Levi Cuffed jeans
USN boondockers
USN Watch Cap
Ray Ban sun glasses
4671669715_832de3b9b3_b.jpg

Vintage Grey Brioni suit
Blue Brioni tie
Silver tie clip
Sak's white french cuff shirt
White pocket square
Charlie

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Vintage Lust- found at the Art Deco and Modernism Show and Sale in SF today:
a 1980s vintage INCREDIBLE VIOLET (photgraphing blue, but really is a deep violet shade) MINK cape, to die for- and look, it was just my size!! And for the amazing price of just ... $3,000.00! Oh, but they would agree to do a layaway for me if I want...
388161444.jpg

388161470.jpg

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
I'm the Volunteer Director of the Art Deco Society, worked as a volunteer today at the Art Deco and Modernism Show and Sale at the Concourse building in SF.

Wore a sleeveless BLUE knit dress, as it was a hot day in SJ when I left for the city, and hot at the ADSC member's table just inside by the front doors. Dress worn with a few year's old red accessories and 20 year old red pumps, vintage 1940s blue dress clip. Hair pinned up off my neck to stay cooler.

The red jewel with pearl earrings, red cuff bracelet, and red pumps are my other set of favorite "go to" accessories, that go with much of the clothing in my wardrobe.

Having just arrived, in front of the ADSC collage board with pics and program pages from their recent Art Deco Ball. I didn't dress vintage today, though the other volunteers did.
388161501.jpg
full length shot of blue knit dress, bought a couple of years ago at Ann Taylor Loft. A classic, timeless style that can easily sub in for the 'little black dress' look for me; it can easily work for a dinner out, a concert, dancing, for travel adventures. Red pumps are oldies but favorites from Nordstrom
388161811.jpg
showing detail of vintage 1940s blue dress clip, with my eyeglasses off for this picture! Clip bought at the same show over a year ago, one of my first vintage jewelry purchases.
388161487.jpg
showing detail of Sorelli red jewel cuff bracelet, bought several years ago at Nordstrom. Skipped the foundation and powder I usually wear for a tinted moisturizer instead today. Works well with my tan and freckles this time of year.
388161824.jpg
back of hair pic, looks kinda messy- yeah, but so what! I was much cooler just the same!:) This pic shows off the gold with red jewel and pearl earrings well, bought in 2000 at the gift shop of the Borghese Gallery in Rome, Italy
388161498.jpg

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Vintage dress found and bought at the Art Deco and Modernism Show and Sale in SF. It fits like a dream, it was obviously meant just for me! Vintage 1940s rayon crepe deep raspberry pink (its photographing lighter here) long dress- even already the perfect length for me too! With heavy old gold and pale aqua beaded trim at neckline and down the back. The front of the dress at both hips has gorgeous starburst seamed and pintucked detailing. Will probably wear this for next year's Deco Ball, but the color and fabric makes this truly seasonless, so it can work for many vintage events.
388161829.jpg
388161499.jpg

cookie

I'll Lock Up
chanteuseCarey said:
Last night: Late dinner out with a FL friend.

Dinner: duck salad Thai. Dining companion: scrumptious.

The Look: vintage inspired RL golden brown high-waisted pleated wool trousers. It was so hot I should have opted for the same RL trousers in a light colored linen. Gold lurex knit sleeveless tank sweater, part of a set. beige low heeled pumps, vintage inspired Miriam Haskell matching pearl necklace, cuff bracelet, and earrings.

IMG_0393-CROP.jpg
IMG_0394-crop.jpg

The dude in the Poirot Homburg? I've seen him around the Lounge before....;) ;)

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
No photograph, but...

Grey trilby. Black band.
Grey dress-shirt.
Light tan trousers. No belt.
Tan shoes.
Black socks.
Black, seven-button, four-pocket waistcoat.
Watch. Chain. Fob.
Black, knee-length trenchcoat.

This outfit received a "Cool!" compliment from a lady at the local shopping-centre!!:D

MartyH

New in Town
National day of Sweden, I thought I should wear yellow and blue since those are the colors of the Swedish flag. Blue shirt, yellow silk bowtie:
P6060011.JPG

I'm starting to get the hang of bowtie tying, and I'm bidding on some on an auction site. More practical than neckties when sitting down or moving about.

Just not a too wide bowtie, or in velvet/velour - that looks clownish. Or pre-tied on *gasp* :eek: elastic.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
It's great how the shape of your hat mirrors the shape of your jaw line. The bow tying also is well executed - it shouldn't be too neat or too sloppy, just " cazh' " - devil-may-care as we used to say.

--

Today I am wearing these repro'd 1934 Court Ace Keds. Originally racquetball shoes, they are very lightweight and comfortable.
4675481392_822abfae36_b.jpg

These were reintroduced about 3 years ago and discontinued ASAP. They're now available only in toddler sizes, or catch as catch can on eBay.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Man, those are great shoes Fletch!!

Fletch said:
Today I am wearing these repro'd 1934 Court Ace Keds. Originally racquetball shoes, they are very lightweight and comfortable.
]
These were reintroduced about 3 years ago and discontinued ASAP. They're now available only in toddler sizes, or catch as catch can on eBay.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Thank you very kindly Carey. BTW, that blue dress thing you wore to the sale in SF: whooo doggies! :eusa_clap

Apropos of nothing, I happen to feel the same way about women's shoes that Françoise Sagan does about their dresses.

Puzzicato

One Too Many
chanteuseCarey said:
I'm the Volunteer Director of the Art Deco Society, worked as a volunteer today at the Art Deco and Modernism Show and Sale at the Concourse building in SF.

Wore a sleeveless BLUE knit dress, as it was a hot day in SJ when I left for the city, and hot at the ADSC member's table just inside by the front doors. Dress worn with a few year's old red accessories and 20 year old red pumps, vintage 1940s blue dress clip. Hair pinned up off my neck to stay cooler.

The red jewel with pearl earrings, red cuff bracelet, and red pumps are my other set of favorite "go to" accessories, that go with much of the clothing in my wardrobe.

Having just arrived, in front of the ADSC collage board with pics and program pages from their recent Art Deco Ball. I didn't dress vintage today, though the other volunteers did.
388161501.jpg
full length shot of blue knit dress, bought a couple of years ago at Ann Taylor Loft. A classic, timeless style that can easily sub in for the 'little black dress' look for me; it can easily work for a dinner out, a concert, dancing, for travel adventures. Red pumps are oldies but favorites from Nordstrom
388161811.jpg
showing detail of vintage 1940s blue dress clip, with my eyeglasses off for this picture! Clip bought at the same show over a year ago, one of my first vintage jewelry purchases.
388161487.jpg
showing detail of Sorelli red jewel cuff bracelet, bought several years ago at Nordstrom. Skipped the foundation and powder I usually wear for a tinted moisturizer instead today. Works well with my tan and freckles this time of year.
388161824.jpg
back of hair pic, looks kinda messy- yeah, but so what! I was much cooler just the same!:) This pic shows off the gold with red jewel and pearl earrings well, bought in 2000 at the gift shop of the Borghese Gallery in Rome, Italy
388161498.jpg

I did a blue dress and red accessories today too - nothing quite as stunning as your red cuff bracelet! That is an amazing piece of jewellery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy