Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Mr. 'H'

Call Me a Cab
repeatclicks said:
Me and my wife in Detroit last week. Im wearing a Grey with burgundy, black and white fleck jacket dated Feb 2, 1955 (I have the matching trousers), navy blue trousers made by my wife from a 1954 Simplicity pattern, 40s Towncraft tie, 50s clip and Old Woogies white Bucs (not in photo).

My wife is wearing a blue twinset with pink and white gingham piping and pearlized buttons, mid 50s. Her handbag is 50s as well as her earrings and necklace.

31774_683713161438_25706837_36583908_5021136_n.jpg

You both look amazing - inspirational in fact. I think what you're wearing is perfect. The handbag looks like it is made from Lloyd Loom type material.

MaryDeluxe

Practically Family
What a wonderful picture! You both look fab!

repeatclicks said:
Me and my wife in Detroit last week. Im wearing a Grey with burgundy, black and white fleck jacket dated Feb 2, 1955 (I have the matching trousers), navy blue trousers made by my wife from a 1954 Simplicity pattern, 40s Towncraft tie, 50s clip and Old Woogies white Bucs (not in photo).

My wife is wearing a blue twinset with pink and white gingham piping and pearlized buttons, mid 50s. Her handbag is 50s as well as her earrings and necklace.

31774_683713161438_25706837_36583908_5021136_n.jpg

Mario

I'll Lock Up
You know - there is one detail that really puts me off...the SNOW! :eek:

Me, I'm just happy that we finally escaped the cold, chilly climate of yesteryear and then along comes you! You Swiss... :D ;)

"Da! Hörst? Der Berg! I hör' ihn rufen!"

BTW: Luis Trenker was an avid hat wearer himself:

trenker_small.jpg

Gijoe

A-List Customer
I like snow in Juni. You coms from the summer walking trough the spring and found the Winter. I dont like hats for Adventures !

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Casual. For a lazy, muggy sort of day... cream sleeveless sweater top bought in Greece in 2004, brown RL boot leg cords from Nordstrom, tiny pearl handmade earrings. The scarf run through the belt loops is vintage, but of an unknown decade. I'm holding my hair pulled up cuz' it was still wet from the shower and hadn't decided how I wanted to fix it for the day yet.
388322512.jpg

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Lottie said:
Wow Mario, you managed to look extremely stylish despite the heat.. :eek:

Thanks Lottie. :)

Good thing to know that you're another Berlin weather expert. I honestly tried to move as little as possible and stayed out of the sun for most of the time. I just survived a good 'n hearty summer cold and a sunstroke to follow this up would defiitely tip me over the edge. That's for sure... ;)

Edward

Bartender
A few recent ensembles:

Bangalore, India, May 31st 2010:
IMGP3351.jpg

London, this past weekend:

A little bit psychobilly on Saturday - wide legged and cuffed Carhartt jeans, TUK creepers, Pogues 2009 tour T shirt (a printed T shirt! I'm anticipating the lynch mob as I type this.... :p ), Uniqlo linen blend Western jacket (essentially the classic denim trucker jacket shape in a much lighter fabric, perfect for the crazy heat here on Saturday), white cotton cap, unbranded, sourced via eBay, US made.

IMGP3438.jpg
IMGP3439.jpg

Sunday, a short sleeved shirt and trews, with the same jacket and hat. Shoes are a pair of burgundy / orangey-tan corespondants I had custom made in Beijing in 2009. Photos were taken outside the pub which stood in for the Railway Arms in the finale of Life on Mars sequel, Ashes to Ashes.

IMGP3444.jpg
IMGP3445.jpg

Monday, blue short-sleeved shirt, the same trousers again, same shoes. This time a tan version of the cotton cap, with a sky blue Harrington-type jacket for a cooler day during which it rained on and off.

IMGP3446.jpg
IMGP3447.jpg

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Nice dress JL! Thanks for sharing it here. Any chance you can take a closeup shot of it laid out to be able to see the print and colors better??

Jennifer Lynn said:
Alright...here goes my first picture in the thread. :p
I'm wearing a 40's dress (with ribbon tie at the waist),
and am flanked by Josephine.

40sBlueDress.JPG

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Great pics Edward, the one of you in India- looking good, terrific HAT! What is the building in the background please? You've got the casual/sporty look 'down', really like the SHOES in these pics. Um, what is psychobilly compared to rockabilly please?

Edward said:
A few recent ensembles:

Bangalore, India, May 31st 2010:
IMGP3351.jpg

London, this past weekend:

A little bit psychobilly on Saturday - wide legged and cuffed Carhartt jeans, TUK creepers, Pogues 2009 tour T shirt (a printed T shirt! I'm anticipating the lynch mob as I type this.... :p ), Uniqlo linen blend Western jacket (essentially the classic denim trucker jacket shape in a much lighter fabric, perfect for the crazy heat here on Saturday), white cotton cap, unbranded, sourced via eBay, US made.

IMGP3438.jpg

Jennifer Lynn

One of the Regulars
chanteuseCarey said:
Nice dress JL! Thanks for sharing it here. Any chance you can take a closeup shot of it laid out to be able to see the print and colors better??

I can do one better - Here's a pic of the dress (via previous owner), along with a picture of the print.

40sShirtDress.jpg

40sBlueDress-Ptn.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy