Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Slim Portly

One Too Many
This navy peak lapel double breasted suit has a lovely texture to the wool, nowhere near as rough as nail head weave, but similar in appearance. The suit, amazingly, is marked 54 R, and must have had some darn good tailoring at some point as it fits my 44 R frame very nicely (yes, I know, hard to tell with me cramming my mitt in the trouser pocket). The hat is a vintage Royal Stetson. The Cordovans are by Florsheim.

The details that one cannot see: suspenders of a color to match the tie, and silver cuff links with red enamel inlays.

IMG_0401-crop.jpg

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Beautiful suit, and looking dapper as always, SP.:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Slim Portly said:
This navy peak lapel double breasted suit has a lovely texture to the wool, nowhere near as rough as nail head weave, but similar in appearance. The suit, amazingly, is marked 54 R, and must have had some darn good tailoring at some point as it fits my 44 R frame very nicely (yes, I know, hard to tell with me cramming my mitt in the trouser pocket). The hat is a vintage Royal Stetson. The Cordovans are by Florsheim.

The details that one cannot see: suspenders of a color to match the tie, and silver cuff links with red enamel inlays.

Edward

Bartender
Slim Portly said:
The suit, amazingly, is marked 54 R, and must have had some darn good tailoring at some point as it fits my 44 R frame very nicely

By any chance is it European in origin? Continetal European sizes are like that, the number is 10 over the inches measurements, thus a 54R would be the euqivalent of a US or UK 44R. I don't know for why, but that's how it's done over there....

chanteuseCarey said:
Great pics Edward, the one of you in India- looking good, terrific HAT!

Thank-you... that's one of the many Lounger-owned Akubra Riverina safari-ised conversions.... It's seen service on all my hot climate travels since 2008.

What is the building in the background please?

That's the Kempegowda tower in Lal Bagh botanical gardens, Bangalore.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lal_Bagh

You've got the casual/sporty look 'down', really like the SHOES in these pics.

Thank you; I've been dressing like this a lot over the past few weeks, for no better reason than that I'm between washing machines, and this is an easier look to maintain with handwashing, given the contents of my wardrobe!

Um, what is psychobilly compared to rockabilly please?

Wikipedia covers it more comprehensively than ever I would
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychobilly - in its simplest terms, much as this is a crude over-simplification, it's a fusion of rockabilly, old school rock and roll, and punk rock. The term dates to a song written for Johnny Cash back in the 70s - Psychobilly Cadillac - and was first really used in a musical context by the Cramps (though they have long denied being a part of the genre that evolved under that term). A lot of the look involves a vintage fifties style, but as reinterpreted post-punk, not a vintage-accurate take on it. Think printed t shirts and bowling shirts, horror b movie style, Bettie Page, tattoos....

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
I just got back from a magical american tour. Here are two outfits I wore:
l_f588c71cddd94c14a3cec760ef090164.jpg

This is one of my favorite dresses, it's covered in blue roses. (I just bought a donut, hurray!)

l_a0aa23152f9d4f888ac2e5763f16e398.jpg

(We're trying to pose like models!)

l_17b21ec20ba946e19a717c6eabb18cf9.jpg

The dress from behind.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Worn this afternoon and evening for son Daniel's Middle School graduation. They called it Junior High School in my day!
Midnight blue sequined and beaded sweater, RL blue faux croc belt to peplum the now too big sweater, vintage 30s inspired RL wide leg ivory linen high-waisted, flat front trousers, navy faux crocodile pumps. Pearls, pearls, pearls-ropes, drop earrings, MH cuff.
388371945.jpg

388371948.jpg

Gijoe

A-List Customer
- Lofgreen salt and peper work cap
- Gray chambray shirt
- German WWII HBT pants
- Rusette service shoes
- Musette bag
- Blue ascot tie with brown polka dots

Slim Portly

One Too Many
Edward said:
By any chance is it European in origin? Continetal European sizes are like that, the number is 10 over the inches measurements, thus a 54R would be the euqivalent of a US or UK 44R.
Creeping Past said:
Yes, 54 Euro = 44 UK
That's what's odd: it's marked size 54 but it's a British suit. I suppose it could have been made in GB for the continental market before finding its way over here. A bit of a mystery, but no matter. I like it, and it feels good on me.

Bugsy

One Too Many
chanteuseCarey said:
Worn this afternoon and evening for son Daniel's Middle School graduation. They called it Junior High School in my day!
Midnight blue sequined and beaded sweater, RL blue faux croc belt to peplum the now too big sweater, vintage 30s inspired RL wide leg ivory linen high-waisted, flat front trousers, navy faux crocodile pumps. Pearls, pearls, pearls-ropes, drop earrings, MH cuff.
388371945.jpg

388371948.jpg

Congratulations, Daniel!!: :eusa_clap

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Friday evening-went to a Rhumba beginning ballroom class at the local YMCA with son Daniel. Then we two went to another place for more ballroom dancing. No pic unfortunately of my outfit, as dd Sarah had the camera with her for a trip in SF. Will put the outfit on again when she is back take a pic to to post.

Knit black mid-calf length skirt, short sleeve fitted v-neck black sweater embellished with large black jewels and soutache braid. Flesh colored ballroom shoes, 2 gold bangles, and gold with black and clear jeweled earrings. Hair pulled back into a ponytail.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy