Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Big_e

Practically Family
Puzzicato said:
050810.jpg

Forgive the hair - power failure meant no shower = dirty hair.

Really lovely!:eusa_clap But um...What's a sweater guard then?
Ernest

Puzzicato

One Too Many
Big_e said:
Really lovely!:eusa_clap But um...What's a sweater guard then?
Ernest

Thank you! It's the little chain across the front of my cardigan, also known as cardigan clips. It's got a little clip at each end and you use it them when you have a cardigan slung over your shoulders to keep it on. Or I just wear them as decoration!

crazydaisy

Practically Family
Crazydaisy in gypsy land. Trying to choose from several pics, all bad. While a certain gypsy feel was captured, as far as the 20's inspiration goes, it still leaves a lot to be desired. The make up was done professionally and was ok, but it failed to go quite all the way. I'll give this another go, see what a job I can do myself.

4871341532_bb2fea2f8a_z.jpg
4870730091_8db18226ce_z.jpg

HHISIII

One of the Regulars
No pictures, but today is a Jeans and Nat Nast day. I'll take the Nast off later tonight in favor of a Robert Graham sport shirt and hit a few bars.

crazydaisy

Practically Family
Ok so I wasn't satisfied with the gypsy look from the other day, so I gave it another go, this time I did the make up myself.

4872082762_20fea05318_z.jpg
4871455107_1b4d23da82_z.jpg

4872082750_76744ffd51_z.jpg
4871455071_996321bdc2_z.jpg

I was so pleased with the whole look I took lots of pics (and posted lots :D ). My landlord on the other hand came to see what the hell I was doing in his tree. :eek:

Miss Tuppence

A-List Customer
Haha what a nosey landlord- I adore the look btw and your make up is soooo much better too- lovely Smokey yet still soft eyes- suits you a lot.
I’ve been following this thread for a while now and you always look tip top! Keep it up!
Tups x

Big_e

Practically Family
Thanks for the info Puzzicato! I always thought those were brooches. Crazydaisy, absolutely bewitching! I love the second set of pictures! :eusa_clap
Ernest

AntonAAK

Practically Family
Shangas said:
Hi Anton!

No, I don't dislike wearing ties. Hell, I'd probably wear one all the time, but sometimes I wonder if that's a *BIT* too formal. You know what I mean? But then you're talking to someone who hasn't worn a wristwatch in three years, so what do I know...? :D

I suppose I could take up wearing them again. I wore them all throughout school (we had to, as part of our uniform. Foul weather, goiter or a sore throat were not excuses for failing to wear a tie). I suppose it's kind of ingrained in me, I just wonder if it's overdoing it, that's all.

And yes, I can actually tie a tie, if that's your next question! I use a four-in-hand knot.

Personally I don't consider a tie a formal piece of attire and tend to wear something around my neck, either a straight tie, bow tie or cravat/ascot all the time, even for lounging around at the weekends.

Perhaps other people think that's too formal but I don't really give a damn...

All the best
A

Hal

Practically Family
AntonAAK said:
Personally I don't consider a tie a formal piece of attire...
Neither do I!
Ties may be considered more formal in the USA and Australia than in the UK. The suit-without-tie look which I loathe but which has become so frequent is, I suspect, of Hollywood provenance.

Edward

Bartender
I recollect hazily articles in the press about Japanese office workers eschewing ties, but wearing the top button done on the shirt - apparently this was a very fashionable look there at one point. In recent years the jacket-and-tie-free look out there has been promoted as an environmentally friendly alternative to cranking up the air conditioning....

I'm not averse to an open collar with a sports jacket and slacks, myself (early period casual Elvis springs to mind), but it looks wrong with a suit - especially in a context where one would normally expect a tie.

Today I'm in a more casual mode in work myself - short sleeve, checked shirt (modern Sainsburys linen-cotton blend, very late 40s / early fifties look to it to my eye,'table-cloth' check - not gingham - in a greyish brownish hue, on white), wide legged / reasonably high waisted trousers in a taupe shade, Barker corespondants in tan and cream. Outerwear consists a fur felt trilby in brown, a modern hat but in a late fifties / early sixties shape - very Don Draper, and a leather jacket. The jacket is an early Fishmoek (whom I *still* owe photos... I've not forgotten!), the 'Spanish anti-fascist' jacket, very A1 in style but zip fastening, not buttoned.

Miss sofia

One Too Many
Today i'm wearing flat-front high-waisted straight leg, black gaberdine trousers ,a red forties style short sleeve jumper, with a bow detail at the neck, black and white quilted ballet pumps and a slight air of ennui! It is Monday!

Puzzicato

One Too Many
crazydaisy said:
Ok so I wasn't satisfied with the gypsy look from the other day, so I gave it another go, this time I did the make up myself.

I was so pleased with the whole look I took lots of pics (and posted lots :D ). My landlord on the other hand came to see what the hell I was doing in his tree. :eek:

I think the makeup you did yourself is more successful! The lip-shape is gorgeous. I really love the picture of you with the apples - I feel like you should be offering to read my palm!

baby_butterfly

One of the Regulars
hmmmm I wonder why I cant quote photographs too [huh]
chanteuseCarey said:
QB, I've been a fan of your look/style and photographs since I joined FL, this Sir is truly one of your BEST!! :) :) :)

Anyhow I am in agreement, your style is pretty damn cool! :D

Edward

Bartender
Miss sofia said:
Today i'm wearing flat-front high-waisted straight leg, black gaberdine trousers ,a red forties style short sleeve jumper, with a bow detail at the neck, black and white quilted ballet pumps and a slight air of ennui! It is Monday!

Ennui by Calvin Klein....

Well, it would certainly explain how bored their models always look. lol

Grant Fan

Practically Family
crazydaisy said:

I love them, they are great. And the bow lips look lovely

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart