Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Panache

A-List Customer
From the other day after spending too much time and too many bandaids putting on patches (my wife eventually intervened and told me to "put the needle and thread down and step away from the sewing table" )

DSC03837.jpg

This year my son was invited to join a cub scout troop and I was asked to be the assistant den leader. As I child I was never involved with Scouting and looked at this opportunity to do something with my son as a welcome opportunity.

I was informed that this den only required the scouting shirt with proper badges and the necktie (a scouting hat was optional as well). The boys may wear pants, jeans, shorts, etc... as long as they were neat and clean. The den mother made it very clear that I was more than welcome to wear a kilt. She also stated that there was no need for me to go out and get one of those "Smokey the Bear Ranger hats". With great seriousness I informed her that I would see the need for getting a campaign hat as an essential part of MY scouting experience! lol

So to be clear the kilt is not part of the uniform, but I was inspired by Scouting in the British Isles for the things I wore with it.

A friend sent me this picture of The late Sir Charles Maclean of Duart and Morvern ( later Lord Maclean of Duart ) was Chief Scout of the Commonwealth. So it looks like I came close to the mark!

4356867882_0e6cc0009a.jpg

Next time I will carry my cromach

Cheers

Jamie

MissHannah

One Too Many
Miss Golightly said:
Miss Hannah - perfectly turned out - as always!

Not strictly worn today but I did wear this to my friend's Hen Party on Saturday - grey Suzy Perette dress, red swing coat, navy satin LK Bennett shoes and black Chanel clutch:

Download16August219.jpg

Download16August220.jpg

Oh my goodness - what a spectacular set of clothes! I adore both the dress and the coat.

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
La Medicine, Hap and Panache, thanks for your kind words!

Hap: Its half and half, the coat is vintage Harod's from the 1950s or so, the trousers are vintage Moss Brothers from about the same time, cufflinks are old but I couldn't tell you when from, the rest is modern. Still looking for a vintage stroller/black lounge/director's coat in my size.

Panache, that is a very nice kilted scouting uniform! :eusa_clap

Panache

A-List Customer
Edward said:
Nicely assembled uniform - looks great. I understand a kilt to be part of the official uniform of a number of Scottish Scout troops. Which tartan is that one?

Edward,

My understanding is that in the UK Scottish boy scouts (or boy scouts of Scottish heritage) may wear their clan tartan* while Irish boy scouts (or boy scouts of Irish heritage) may wear a saffron kilt.

In keeping with the Scottish Scouting tradition I am wearing my clan tartan, Galbraith.

Cheers

Jamie

* I believe there is a neat little story where the then Chief of Clan Maclaren stated that to those boy scouts in Scotland who had no clan tartan that he considered them all his clan and could wear the Maclaren tartan. Not sure if it is true or not but there are historic conections with the Clan Maclaren and the Scouts from the beginning of the scouting movement.

Mr Badger

Practically Family
We were out for Sunday lunch so made an effort - this was snapped by a pal on his phone.

Top to bottom: Stetson hat, vintage Rayban Clubmasters, Arrow spear collar shirt, 1940's handpainted tie, 1950s hopsack tailored jacket (Minneapolis label), Sean John (yes, Puff Daddy's label!) reverse pleat/drop loop/cuffed wide-leg trousers from K&G in Memphis ($25!), and basketweave/moc alligator Stacey Adams Madisons.

All went nicely with roast beef and a pint of Marstons Pedigree pale ale!

46419_10150255240225471_725635470_14378837_1246196_n.jpg

agapimou

New in Town
Ah.. All of you look so lovely!!
Well, I didn't wear this today.. It was worn a while ago. I happened to spot a Packard one night and I was taking pictures of it. Then the owners saw me and let me take some pictures in the car.. I was ECSTATIC.

Me
l_fcc326a00af84fb3b4db3f8d54b2d31e.jpg

The car is GLORIOUS!
l_2f45e7adc5b7445d8994407e4e8e6bc1.jpg

Jan

One of the Regulars
First time posting in this thread.

I'm not much of a suit guy, as I don't own one at the moment...

Had to help move some stuff around...

This is pretty much my every other day look.

d99e0d70.jpg

"workshirt"
LEE Jeans
Boots

GoldenEraFan

One Too Many
This what me and my friend, a fellow Fedora Lounger, wore at the 2nd day of the Jazz Age Lawn party on Governor's Island. My vintage garb includes another 1920's tie, my usual 1960 tie clip and my recently purchased pre-1962 sport coat. My friend's wearing a 1930's sportcoat.
CIMG0573.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass