Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
The Exchange Buildings were built between 1927 and 1929 as part of a major civic building project which included the Council House. The Exchange, Nottingham’s first shopping centre, was opened on 22nd May 1929 by the Prince of Wales, who later became Edward VIII.

The Exchange is situated within The Council House, an elegant and imposing grade two listed building in the neo-baroque style housing a magnificent 200 ft high dome, and occupies a dominant position overlooking Nottingham's Old Market Square. This grand central open space, said to be the largest square in England, has been recently redesigned by Neil Porter of Gustafson Porter and opened in 2007.

The clock tower of the Council House is home to Little John, reputedly the deepest bell in the UK, which can be heard up to seven miles away. Under the dome, there are four fresco murals which depict the history of Nottingham .

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Killer smile Mario. Wonderful to see it. Have to say that the patch beard (a male facial hair fad that has hopefully run its course- please gents!) being gone only improves your handsome face! Always enjoy seeing this particular suit on you. Not to mention those cravats of yours get to me every time... Serious swoonfactor Baby ...;)

Thank you so much once again... :)

That suit is definitely my favorite. I feel good in it and I guess that shows. And that beard...well, let's just say that it was an artefact of days gone by... ;)

Mario

I'll Lock Up
I understand. A compliment from a lady always makes one smile.

:)

Tomasso got it right, it was a style show (the title said "a celebration of style, not a fashion show"). How someone who lives several thousand miles away from Nottingham could guess that I really don't know.

It's called dedication... ;)

Two weeks before the event a photographer approached me at a vintage fair and asked whether I'd like to take part.

Didn't you get a little nervous walking down that red carpet? I guess I'd been trembling... :eek:

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Cooler temps (FINALLY) have caused the tweeds to come out.

Here I am doing my best Vanna White in front of the cute pond/water feature Nicki recently worked on:
DSCN4480.jpg

(You can kinda' tell, in this photo, that my neck is killin' me)
DSCN4481.jpg

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
It's called dedication... ;)
Actually, it's called Google.....Nottingham + Jaeger (a store in the photo) = Exchange Arcade.....click on the events section and voilà.....took upwards of thirty seconds....[huh]

theinterchange

One Too Many
Feeling a little continental a few days ago.
Late 1950s British continental style 3 button suit, late 1950s narrow tie, and my clubmasters all in front of the 1930s era Alexander Baldwin building downtown.

393142783.jpg

Are you hanging out with Scarecrow these days? I see a resemblance between your friend and this guy.
scarecrow.jpg

Sorry, couldn't resist!

Randy

Edward

Bartender
Kinda short on recent photos. Shame - today, and most of yesterday, I did the classic workwear thing - brown Aero FQHH 30s halfbelt, Stetson leather newsboy, Carhartt jeans, forties-style boots, checked shirts. Today's shirt was bought new in Next, of all places, yesterday - really nice old school lumberjack-style shirt.

Last night, I went to a Fifties rock'n'roll themed burlesque night, so I decided to dig out the Ted gear...

IMGP4119-1.jpg

The drape really isn't very fifties at all; I wanted to wear my grey with black trim one, but I couldn't find the damn thing!

The Good

Call Me a Cab
This is how I was attired for the day. It's Sunday, so I went to church. Of course, I did not wear the hat inside for the service.

Photoon2010-11-07at1412.jpg

Basically, what I've got here is a vintage 1940s/1950s Stetson St. Regis homburg, Land's End highland dress shirt, Land's End charcoal chinos, Nautica black belt, dark olive dress socks, and black Croft & Barrow loafers. I actually received a compliment on the hat, and a man was wondering where I got it from. He said he should buy one for himself, and well, I told him I found it off of eBay. I wish him good luck if he decides to go for a fedora or homburg there. It's terribly competitive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner