Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Mario

I'll Lock Up

louis_custom_hatters_11_04_10.jpg

Torpedo

One Too Many
I doff my hat to you, Carey. Always encouraging comments!

Thank you, AvEdwards, too, for the high compliment. Not that it looks like you are not doing well yourself! :D

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
Well, it's obviously very hard if not impossible to beat a lady's compliment - but it's still appreciated! :D ;)

Eh...would you mind to elaborate on that red carpet story, please?

I understand. A compliment from a lady always makes one smile.

Tomasso got it right, it was a style show (the title said "a celebration of style, not a fashion show"). How someone who lives several thousand miles away from Nottingham could guess that I really don't know. Two weeks before the event a photographer approached me at a vintage fair and asked whether I'd like to take part.

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
Feeling a little continental a few days ago.
Late 1950s British continental style 3 button suit, late 1950s narrow tie, and my clubmasters all in front of the 1930s era Alexander Baldwin building downtown.

393142783.jpg

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab

Killer smile Mario. Wonderful to see it. Have to say that the patch beard (a male facial hair fad that has hopefully run its course- please gents!) being gone only improves your handsome face! Always enjoy seeing this particular suit on you. Not to mention those cravats of yours get to me every time... Serious swoonfactor Baby ...;)

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Chasseur, You are CLASS all the way, Sir all the time. You must be consistently on Hawaii's Best Dressed List.

Feeling a little continental a few days ago.
Late 1950s British continental style 3 button suit, late 1950s narrow tie, and my clubmasters all in front of the 1930s era Alexander Baldwin building downtown.

393142783.jpg

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Etiquette dinner tonight.
Photo4.jpg

Another very good outfit, well done Yeps! But Honey, if we as a group at FL can't get you away from this bookcases-as-background soon, I'm going to come over there myself and reposition you elsewhere and snap a new photo! Its distracting and takes away from what should be the real focus of this pic, my young darlin'- YOU!

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
Another very good outfit, well done Yeps! But Honey, if we as a group at FL can't get you away from this bookcases-as-background soon, I'm going to come over there myself and reposition you elsewhere and snap a new photo! Its distracting and takes away from what should be the real focus of this pic young darlin'- you!

Thanks, and I will work on trying to find a different background. There is not a lot of space in my dorm room for pictures. I will try to see if can find a different wall.

Edit:
Here is a quick try...
Photo10-1.jpg

Just kidding. I will find a more neutral backdrop.

Last edited:

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Thanks, and I will work on trying to find a different background. There is not a lot of space in my dorm room for pictures. I will try to see if can find a different wall.

Edit:
Here is a quick try...
Photo10-1.jpg

Just kidding. I will find a more neutral backdrop.

haha... a good one Yeps:) Try standing in front of a closed light coloured door? I used to do that and often would photoshop out the doorknob!

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
WOWOHWOW-- avedwards... you look like a million bucks!! Forget everything else, you've found your best look right there, Baby! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

I'd suggest getting the suit jacket taken in just a wee bit for you but not too much. And maybe one hand in a pocket, while walkin' the carpet, not two. Perhaps the hand you don't write with, your dominant hand a-swinging would probably seem more natural.

How many young gals swooned seeing you at this?
Thank you :D. It is one of my favourite suits.

As for the jacket, I think it could be because I'm walking that it looks like it doesn't fit as snugly as it should. When I'm standing with my arms by my sides it does fit perfectly. I agree that both hands in my pockets may not have been the best look, but at the time I wasn't quite sure what to do. Because I had to walk down the carpet and then back up I had my hands in my pockets on the way down, tipped my hat to the audience at the end and had my hands out of my pockets on the way back.

And if what I was told is correct there were several swoons :).

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
Thank you CC, Torpedo, and avedwards!

avedwards, wow! I seem to recall, in this thread or another, you mentioning needing a better camera. Looks like you found one! And it looks like the people at the event were appreciative.
Thank you. I still need a better camera. This picture was taken by the organisor of the event (a professional photographer).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner