Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

With author and gunboard-buddy Larry Correia at a book signing, trying to look like a Mini-Larry in attitude...
100_2175.jpg

Bottom half is matching black slacks and black Dockers Gordon oxfords.

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Looser knot? Didn't even think about it. I don't like big knots (on ties) but this maybe too tight for a bowtie. Maybe you are right...I'll try next time.

Here is another outfit. Well I post more than usual because last week I had a get-together with friends from the german vintage community. They took some pictures. We had a lot of fun.

img0166bg.jpg

faxen.jpg

Modern linen/cotton cap from c&a. Jacket is from levis. Has some attributes of a norfolk jacket but is made from cotton twill. Tie is american form the 40s. Slacks are from Vecona Vintage.

TCMfan25

Practically Family
Stetson Fawn/Tan Pinch front center dent rigid snap Brim Fedora with a black ribbon, a subtle Glen Plaid Ralph Lauren two button suit Khaki- Brown- Tan Mix, slimline style Pale yellow Bow Tie with a small Red White and Blue floral print, immaculate white dress shirt classic straight collar & french cuff, Union Jack gold cufflinks, Navy and Red vertical striped braces, Cole Haan medium brown suede wingtips, White linen hanky folded in the two point style, and lastly the essential accessory a billiard style pipe.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Looser knot? Didn't even think about it. I don't like big knots (on ties) but this maybe too tight for a bowtie. Maybe you are right...I'll try next time.
When you tie them too tight they can have the tendency to look pre-tied. That's what my shirtmaker professes and his family have been it the biz for a few years.....

Charvet+bow.JPG

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
100_2175.jpg

Bottom half is matching black slacks and black Dockers Gordon oxfords.
Great photo! Your friend reminds me of a friend I once had,his name was Tiny, of course. Only man I new that when he jumped of the center part of the wing on a T6, the strut would uncompress!

Derek WC

Banned
Happy belated birthday Mario.

"When you tie them too tight they can have the tendency to look pre-tied."

I've got the opposite problem, when I tie a bow it always has an incredibly loose knot no matter how hard I try, what might this be from?

Last edited:

Flat Foot Floey

just pull on the parts that go around your neck and the knot will be tighter?

Ok, so I have to try harder to make it look effortless? Oh the irony. Haha.

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
Ok, so I have to try harder to make it look effortless? Oh the irony. Haha.

That's not irony, that's sprezzatura.

When tying the initial overhand knot around the neck it should always be snug. The trick is, after tying the two ends togther only snug them up a very little bit. Sometimes the knot will be to one side, but when it's loose it's easy to slide the ends until everything is in the right spot.

Flat Foot Floey

Sorry, I don't speak french. ;) Ok. Looked it up and the phenomenon is really quite important in art and showbusiness. Imagine a sweating and swearing fred astaire because tap dance is so exhausting. Picasso said he could draw like an adult when he was little and it was more difficult to draw like a child later. So I get the idea.

Ok last one for a while. Already ordered striped trousers to go with it. Stresemann style. Didn't arrive yet so I wore grey ones. Jacket is early 30s or late 20s from finland. thanks to sproily again :)
Tie is one of the two german vintage ties I own. I don't know why I can't find more vintage ties at fleamarkets.
florianz.jpg

Derek WC

Banned
I've tried pulling the wings, I am just somehow unsuccessful at it.

Looking back in the thread I've noticed that HarpPlayerGene and AlanC haven't posted here in quite a while, and if I'm not mistaken, kools also seems to have taken a leave.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn