Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

rue

Not today, but last Saturday I went out for a friend's birthday party.

Sorry about the dark picture and the frown :eek:

IMG_0922.jpg

Miss Tuppence

A-List Customer
Lovely Rue, your hair is looking super too.

As for me, I’m looking every bit the mad collector!:D
Another everyday type of outfit and all made from 40’s patterns. Not made by me though as it would never get finished!:eek:
GEDC3090.JPG

T x

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Today it was really cozy and cuddly here in Berlin with lots of rain and dark clouds. For some reason this wonderful weather made me remember that late 40's/early 50's bold look suit that came with a whole lot of zoot and so I chose to go with it for the evening. I, too, have to apologize for the somewhat darkish photo. The suit is obviously too black for the camera; it's sucking in all the light. I still haven't made up my mind whether I should sell it or keep it...

louis_custom_hatters_05_17_11.jpg

Last edited:

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
Today it was really cozy and cuddly here in Berlin with lots of rain and dark clouds. For some reason this wonderful weather made me remember that late 40's/early 50's bold look suit that came with a whole lot of zoot and so I chose to go with it for the evening. I, too, have to apologize for the somewhat darkish photo. The suit is obviously too black for the camera; it's sucking in all the light. I still haven't made up my mind whether I should sell it or keep it...

That's a very sharp looking combination. I can't see any reason why you shouldn't keep that suit. If you do decide to sell it I'd consider buying it.

Incidentally, I was doing an ebay search and thought this might be of interest to you if you haven't found a plain red tie yet. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/vtg-1940s-swi...UK_Men_s_Vintage_Clothing&hash=item5d2ea8bbc3

rue

Don't be troubled, Rue - you're looking grand! :D

And never mind the frown. When I take photos of myself I tend to get a cramp in the brow from frowning at most of them...not to mention my sore eyes! ;)

lol
You are too sweet Mario.... it's a positively dreadful picture, but I hadn't gone out in ages, so it had to do.
Thank you :eek:

You look fantastic as always and black really suits you :D

billyspew

One Too Many
Not today, but last Saturday I went out for a friend's birthday party.

Sorry about the dark picture and the frown :eek:

What was the word used earlier in the thread? Ah yes decolletage, wonderful, but the hair/make-up is great too.

Miss Tuppence said:
As for me, I’m looking every bit the mad collector!
Another everyday type of outfit and all made from 40’s patterns. Not made by me though as it would never get finished!
Every picture you post looks amazing, thank you for posting!

Swing Motorman

One of the Regulars
You look nice, Rue. I'm not sure exactly how to say it, but you look like the person who could blend into a crowd decently well, but leave passersby wondering "now why does she look classier than everything around her...?"

Kudos also to Miss T. and Dinerman. Bold and stylish!

-Steven

rue

That's a Zoot, Mario? It's kind of hard to tell from your stance. It looks great either way!

Gorgeous, Rue and Miss. T.

Thank you Derek :D

What was the word used earlier in the thread? Ah yes decolletage, wonderful, but the hair/make-up is great too.

Thanks to you too Billyspew :D
And you can thank Mr. Tomasso for that remark :eek:

You look nice, Rue. I'm not sure exactly how to say it, but you look like the person who could blend into a crowd decently well, but leave passersby wondering "now why does she look classier than everything around her...?"

-Steven

Steven..... that has to be one of the nicest things anyone has ever said to me. Thank you :D

Mario

I'll Lock Up
That's a Zoot, Mario? It's kind of hard to tell from your stance. It looks great either way!

Gorgeous, Rue and Miss. T.

No, of course it's not really a zoot suit per se but it does have quite a lot of zoot going in some of its features.
It has a pretty long jacket with a very low button stance, heavily padded shoulders and flared pants with a distinct taper toward the cuffs.

I just found the original thread in which I first showed some photo of the suit. Go right here if you're so inclined.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy