Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

TCMfan25

Practically Family

louis_custom_hatters_06_28_11.jpg

Are those Specs Loakes?

TCMfan25

Practically Family
1930's Boater Redux....

I just finished removing the collar from an old shirt and stitching in some new button holes so I could try out this vintage 'double round' collar I've had for a few years...thought I should go the whole hog with the belt-backed linen DB and the boater!

-TTO

I love the Boater, I have been looking for a collar just like that, may I ask where you got it?

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
I found it interesting and fun

I believe they have done some renovations since I was there in the eighties. Knocked a wall out or something?

I'm looking forward to visiting it again this summer (only saw it for a few days once).

They only knocked a bit of it down so they could sell chunks of it to tourists, a 26th of it is still standing. :p

Maguire

Practically Family
It was my girlfriend's end of year party for school yesterday so we went in style. Got plenty of compliments on being a sharp couple.

DSCN1057.jpg

DSCN1065.jpg

Hal

Practically Family
It was my girlfriend's end of year party for school yesterday so we went in style. Got plenty of compliments on being a sharp couple.
I'm not surprised - you both look great!
(I'd congratulate you by PM - but your mailbox is full.)

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
Trying to beat the Delhi heat at the Qutb Minar complex. Akubra Capricorn, and a linen-cotton blend shirt. Trying out the Capricorn for the first time on this trip. Needed a good warm weather hat that would not be beat up by monsoon rains and was cheap if I lost it. Its meeting the bill rather well, but I do find a plastic hat even with ventilation is not as cool as straw/panama... But nothing is perfect.

397494988.jpg

GoldenEraFan

One Too Many
What I wore to Powerhouse Stomp 2 at the Highline Ballroom in Manhattan. Post-1948 suit jacket 1940's tie, and '60s tie clip. Everything else modern. The 1940's style I was going for actually worked for the party as one of the events consisted of a live performance of Tex Avery's Red Hot Riding Hood. After hearing about Albert Cadabra's performance with his poodle Ruby, my poodle wanted to hog the spotlight.
CIMG1329.jpg

Rosie_Beau

One of the Regulars
This is more of a "what I was wearing 2 weeks ago". But the photographer from the day has only just emailed them to me.

PC11PT_036.jpg

PC11PT_033.jpg

These are the only real pictures of me from the day but then I suppose there was someone more important there! I'm wearing a 40's reproduction dress from Electric Gypsy.

w0247b.jpg

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
That's a cleanly tailored back on the Royal.

PC11PT_036.jpg

The front of a jacket is relatively easy to tailor.....the sleeves can be somewhat troublesome....but it's at the back where the tailor shows his talent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner