Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

_Nightwing

One of the Regulars
fllemon1.jpg

The thread, I like it. :D So many hips. So many dresses.

Beautiful, beautiful, and beautiful.

The Good

Call Me a Cab
I'm sort of going for the "James Dean wearing glasses" vibe today, because well, apparently I have to...

Photoon2011-07-14at18212.jpg

The glasses probably aren't too retro looking, but I think they suit my face more than very thick frames would. As for the rest, it's just a dress shirt and jeans, with oxford shoes and a belt, as it's usually typical for me.

Hmm, I've got to shave.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
I wish I had the photoshop skills to replace Rue's plastic cup with a Baccarat tumbler.......:p

HepKitty

One Too Many
Went back a few pages since I've been gone for a while and just have to comment:

Hi all,

I'm wearing this 1950s dress today, though with different shoes. It's one of my favourite day dresses; deadstock with the tags still on it (at the time of purchase).
X
BD

yardsalefinds097cropsm.jpg

PS excuse my squinting in the sun!

Are you kidding you look amazing! Love the dress!

-Zasu Cap
- US Army Service Shirt
- US Army Blue Denim Pants
- US Army Service Shoes

Seriously amazing scenery as always, Gijoe, background and foreground ;)

This is me yesterday, at the end of the Christopher Street Day in Berlin. (with heels already exchanged for flats)
I thought going a bit costume-y would only be appropriate ;)
I actually had white gloves to go with the outfit, but by the end of the day they'd gotten so dirty that I took them off...
Foto3-1.jpg

Fabu! Because of you I need a sailor dress now :D

This is more of a "what I was wearing 2 weeks ago". But the photographer from the day has only just emailed them to me.

These are the only real pictures of me from the day but then I suppose there was someone more important there! I'm wearing a 40's reproduction dress from Electric Gypsy.

w0247b.jpg

Another dress I have to have, but I think you'll wear it better than I will :)

Spence is always looking faithful to his style. I also love his leisure outfits, and have been much influenced by them. Laid back and real but at the same time true to the past eras he's representing!

_MG_4045_net.jpg

Climbing a hill few days ago

Amazing in every way!

rue

rue

I'm sort of going for the "James Dean wearing glasses" vibe today, because well, apparently I have to...

Photoon2011-07-14at18212.jpg

The glasses probably aren't too retro looking, but I think they suit my face more than very thick frames would. As for the rest, it's just a dress shirt and jeans, with oxford shoes and a belt, as it's usually typical for me.

Hmm, I've got to shave.

Great hair :D

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Well that would have been nice except they don't hand out Baccarat when you take a to go drink :p
Not when you're slumming no, but at the better places................I keed, I keed....:p

But seriously, you were one plastic cup from perfection............;)

Aside from the vomit machine in the background

The Good

Call Me a Cab
Great hair :D

Thank you Rue! I used Royal Crown Pomade today. It actually looks a little shinier in person than in the picture, but I didn't use a particularly large amount.

Anyway, I've got to get used to the glasses. My whole style will now revolve around them. Thank God I had opted to get "transitional" eyeglasses, the sort that darkens like sunglasses outdoors; that will at least make me feel more confident about wearing this all the time.

This thread's been looking great recently. Inspiring photos.

Edward

Bartender
I wish I had the photoshop skills to replace Rue's plastic cup with a Baccarat tumbler.......:p

Nah.... a "pimp cup" would be better....

Thank you Rue! I used Royal Crown Pomade today. It actually looks a little shinier in person than in the picture, but I didn't use a particularly large amount.

Anyway, I've got to get used to the glasses. My whole style will now revolve around them. Thank God I had opted to get "transitional" eyeglasses, the sort that darkens like sunglasses outdoors; that will at least make me feel more confident about wearing this all the time.

This thread's been looking great recently. Inspiring photos.

Good idea going for the photochromics - I've been getting those since I was fifteen, really helps in the bright, and far more useful and convenient than prescription sunglasses. I'd suggest you maybe try a browline style (Shuron Ronsirs or similar), I think you could carry that off.

Gijoe

A-List Customer
I like the summer looks of the FL Members !
Some time ago here was a discussion over a famous actors look.
That is my version. Sorry Mr.....
- Indiana Jones Fedora.
- Aero 1930 Halfbelt
- Lofgren Shirt
- Cotton wild rag
- Tweed Work Vest
- Mister Freedom "Pantelon des Apaches"
- Red Wing GT Boots

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member