Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

sproily

Practically Family
Thanks Chasseur and TCMfan25.

They are heavy linen. I have, however, seen a pair of white flannels, they were extremely nice, but too short for me, sadly.. :(

cookie

I'll Lock Up
In fact I think it's even easier to move around with English, even though Swedish is also official many finns aren't as fluent in Swedish as in English. Nevertheless, I think it's nice to try to learn the language of a country when one is planning to live in it for a longer period of time. Finnish is indeed difficult, but certainly not impossible, and there are many foreigners that have managed to at least be able to mostly communicate in Finnish (of course nobody expects you to write poetry in Finnish :-D ). Another really nice thing is that since most of the foreginers usually don't try to learn Finnish, finns will be very supportive to you if you give it a try :)

A former work colleague was a Rotary exchange student for a year in Finland and ended up speaking it fluently.

Edward

Bartender
Thank you Bugsy, Alan and Edward! I realized too late that I should have sewn on white buttons. Perhaps next time.

Interesting idea.... white buttons would look great with this Summer look, though the black ones don't look at all wrong, and are probably more flexible if you want to wear the jacket with darker trousers come Winter (is it a Summer weight jacket?). Giving me ideas: I have an extremely nice DB jacket I picked up recently with the matching trousers; the latter may never fit me, so....

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Going out to a big band theme theatre show at the local San Jose Jazz Festival this evening, with my two teens, the Mr., his mother and his step brother. There will be plenty of great tunes for dancing!! This is the gown I'll be wearing. These pics from June 2010, I've lost some weight since then and I'm getting my hair curled up fancy-so hopefully I'll get a new pic taken tonight!

Silk chiffon evening gown, from Nordstrom vintage 2003:
06252010IMG5047croppedfinished.jpg

06252010IMG5028croppedfinished.jpg
[/QUOTE]

R.G. White

One of the Regulars
yesterday and today...
GEDC4160.JPG

Tupps x

Whoa! I had to do a double-take. Looks like a real picture from the thirties! You look terrific!
Did you take that with a vintage camera, too? I'd love to know how you got that 'look'. Maybe it's just you, but it looks more than just a modern black and white photo!

Bugsy

One Too Many
Going out to a big band theme theatre show at the local San Jose Jazz Festival this evening, with my two teens, the Mr., his mother and his step brother. There will be plenty of great tunes for dancing!! This is the gown I'll be wearing. These pics from June 2010, I've lost some weight since then and I'm getting my hair curled up fancy-so hopefully I'll get a new pic taken tonight!

Silk chiffon evening gown, from Nordstrom vintage 2003:
06252010IMG5047croppedfinished.jpg

06252010IMG5028croppedfinished.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Wonderfully elegant, Miss Carey, as always.

Espee

Practically Family
Whoa! I had to do a double-take. Looks like a real picture from the thirties! You look terrific!
Did you take that with a vintage camera, too? I'd love to know how you got that 'look'. Maybe it's just you, but it looks more than just a modern black and white photo!
--------------------
It does look like it's from a magazine of the time-- not quite LIFE magazine, but another. Well, except that a magazine probably wouldn't have used an image where the subject's feet are incomplete...

Miss Tuppence

A-List Customer
Now that is sweet!
Thanking All!

Love the tie, Miss T.
- The tie is a 4 way tie. I’m not sure on the make as I couldn’t find a label. I personally think they are a marvel as they go with everything!
I would like to think it was just me, but to be honest I haven’t a clue as I just point, pose and shoot! I use a modern camera (GE) and turn it into B&W in Picasa, that’s all! It was quite a piercing, bright grey sky yesterday, so that might be it!
--------------------
It does look like it's from a magazine of the time-- not quite LIFE magazine, but another. Well, except that a magazine probably wouldn't have used an image where the subject's feet are incomplete...
As for the footless thing, I take the pictures on a self timer so sometimes I get everything in frame and on other occasions, well, I don’t! Here’s one with feet to show I do have them!
GEDC4158.JPG

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Two happy dancers! From last night: sorry for the grainy picture, the lighting was poor everywhere we tried to take a pic after the show! I couldn't hold still for a photo, as my Mr. kept saying silly stuff to crack me up while my dd Sarah was trying to take pictures of us with her iTouch! The Mr. and I (and my two dancing teens too) danced up a storm, and we all had a great time! Taken outside the theatre after "Stompin' at the Savoy", part of the San Jose Jazz Festival 2011.
IMG_1271.jpg

Last edited:

EDSLocklear

New in Town
That's a beautiful dress! All I have to sport is my vest, dress shirt, and fedora!
I'll post a picture when I can, but no one is around to help me out right now, and my iPod doesn't have a timer.

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Going to our favourite Italian restaurant for lunch shortly - I'm wearing a white eyelet shirtwaist dress by R&K Originals (for the girl who knows clothes!), nude canvas ballet shoes and a white monogrammed bermuda bag - sorry the photo is so poor:

Image0390.jpg

W-D Forties

Practically Family
You look lovely Miss G! Please put up more of your pics, we all know what a fabulous wardrobe you have and it'd be nice to see them on you and not just a mannequin.

Rats Riley

A-List Customer
Once again I'll say that our ladies in the Lounge are simply the bees knees!

IMG_1271.jpg

They look fabulous...

Image0390.jpg

They're stunning in white...

GEDC4158.jpg

and they exhibit a timeless beauty!

Gotta love em!

Last edited:

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
Did some vintage syle celebrating the other night. Cocktails at the Mai Tai bar at the Royal Hawaiian,

398097418.jpg

followed by steak at Hy's a very traditional styled steakhouse (it filled in for various London Clubs and auction houses in the TV show Lost)

398097414.jpg

398097417.jpg

The gents:

398097420.jpg

The ladies:
398097403.jpg

My better half in her New Look dress:
398097411.jpg

Few thing better than the gift of Islay Scotch...
398097422.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred