Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Flipped Lid

One of the Regulars
You look fantastic. As a devoted Anglophile, one of the things I enamor most about the English is there affinity for and their talent for gardening. That is a beautiful garden in the background and you complement it very well.

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
DSC09591.JPG

What a beautiful dress! You look fabulous!

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
I haven't visited this thread in quite a while now. Lots of wonderful style these last weeks (and months)! Great stuff ... :yo:

Metatron

One Too Many
Crazydaisy didn't get her name by chance nor does she go about her vintage willy nilly! :D

Hey Gene, I hear you about those jacket withdrawal symptoms! Could you tell me what that style of jacket you wear is called? That kind of civilian ike. I've seen it called a ricky jacket, but i've also seen light windbreaker type jackets with slash pockets called that.

Gene

Practically Family
Hey Gene, I hear you about those jacket withdrawal symptoms! Could you tell me what that style of jacket you wear is called? That kind of civilian ike. I've seen it called a ricky jacket, but i've also seen light windbreaker type jackets with slash pockets called that.

I've always just heard "Ricky" jacket, but I always thought that meant the type with the flap pockets...I guess you could call the slash pockets Rickys too.

Edward

Bartender
Crazydaisy didn't get her name by chance nor does she go about her vintage willy nilly! :D

It is a very American term. I've seen it applied to both equally. Fwiw, all reversible "Ricky" jackets I've ever seen have slash pockets on one side and mid chest patch pockets on the other. No doubt for obvious practical reasons.

Metatron

One Too Many
Thanks for the clarification Edward. That's quite a neat design feature.

@Dinerman, I remember that jacket and can hardly recognize it! Did you restore the leather? It kind of looks like a B2 now. Nice jacket/newsboy combo.

Edward

Bartender
The wing collar is very Edwardian (if memory serves, Lloyd George, being then an older man, still sported one with a four in hand at the time of the 1921 Anglo-Irish Treaty negotiations), while the odd jacket and trews is a very thirties touch. And the mix definitely works!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters