Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Swing Motorman

One of the Regulars
I think Swing Motorman is wearing bulky clothes mainly to conceal That Holiday Pound he put on.

(a joke stolen, in part, from a Frasier episode)

Ha, not after my long shopping walk today, dressed similarly to yesterday! And after finding a Christmas decoration sale, I had to carry home $100 of large decorations, while my wallet was only $20 lighter. That plus running around outside to take pictures of the sunset ensures that I have lost weight since the beginning of the holidays!

-Steven

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Looking a bit rumpled.
IMG_1964.jpg

IMG_1976.jpg

IMG_1971.jpg

IMG_1972.jpg

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Great suit. Dinerman. Love the roped shoulders and the big lapels. I have the same RL shirt and it looks like the kind of tie I prefer too.:eusa_clap

Canadian

One of the Regulars
A bit childish...

Photo13.jpg

Just a little outfit I break out once a month. Paired with chinos and a pair of loafers (not visible). I get comments at work all the time about my bow-ties.

Tom

Espee

Practically Family
At least I know the term for that now-- "roped shoulders." Not long ago, I was just about to buy my first-ever double-breasted jacket in a thrift store (all the ones that ever fit me, have had moth holes) and then I noticed the funny bit at the shoulder seam. I couldn't recall seeing such a thing before. I looked down the racks and saw no other jackets shaped that way. I didn't want to be the oddball, so I changed my mind about buying the jacket. I wondered if it might indicate a particular year when "that was in."
(Since then, I did buy my first-ever...)

GoldenEraFan

One Too Many
What I wore two weekends ago on a trip to New Jersey with my friends. Going for a casual '20s look. The train I'm sitting in is a coach from 1902 that belongs to the New Jersey Museum of Transportation in Farmingdale New Jersey.
CIMG2403.jpg

CIMG2330.jpg

Last edited:

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
At least I know the term for that now-- "roped shoulders." Not long ago, I was just about to buy my first-ever double-breasted jacket in a thrift store (all the ones that ever fit me, have had moth holes) and then I noticed the funny bit at the shoulder seam. I couldn't recall seeing such a thing before. I looked down the racks and saw no other jackets shaped that way. I didn't want to be the oddball, so I changed my mind about buying the jacket. I wondered if it might indicate a particular year when "that was in."
(Since then, I did buy my first-ever...)
It was popular in the 30s and 40s and again in the 70s. Medium roped shoulders have been acceptable throughout the latter half of the 20th century and still remain a fairly classic option.

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
From yesterday. I usually never wear a vest, but it went well with our Chinese New Year assembly, and it came in handy that evening. Wore it with a DB, navy blue pin strip suit. All-wool Pendleton, Bold Look era Haband tie.

Photoon2012-01-19at1112.jpg

From today. c.mid-'50s Botany "500" suit, Suberba 100% Dacron polyester tie, Marshall Fields hat.

Photoon2012-01-20at14572.jpg
Photoon2012-01-20at1501.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy