Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
^^Great ensembles, Alan.

From right now: c.late-'30s DB orphaned jacket from A.R. Donghia, Bold Look Era "Candlestick" tie (from Harris & Frank), Nordstrom shirt, modern slacks (which should probably be lighter).

Photoon2012-01-27at08102.jpg
Photoon2012-01-27at0809.jpg

RodeoRose

A-List Customer
Oh crazydaisy, you look great, and what a dress!! You pull of the '30s silhouettes and knitwear so splendidly, I'm envious!

crazydaisy

Practically Family
yeah, the red eye keeps my face from looking washed out :)

Seriously, thank you, but don't be hasty with the compliments. This has been in fact a bitter-sweet project and a costly learning curve. 2 big mistakes were made, one in choosing a style that proved unflattering by accentuating some shortcomings of my silhouette, and secondly by choosing the wrong yarn which was too heavy for the style and worsened those aspects (narrow shoulders, flat chest, pear shape). You probably can't tell by looking at this pic only, but trust me, I'm not just saying to fish more compliments. The actual knitting, done by mother, is splendid. With more thought on my part the pitfalls could have been avoided, but this hasn't happened. :(

fathergoose

New in Town
Atsa nice, Dinerman. It's subtle, and I don't feel like I can quite pull off a "I've been working on the railroad all the livelong day" look here in Japan because so many others are so much better at it than I could ever be. And too bad the diner's closed. But then maybe it's been closed since 1947.

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
It was my wife's birthday so I took her out for dinner and the opening opera for the season. It was Verdi's Aida. I also pampered myself with a hot towel straight razor shave at the barber's earlier in the day!

My 1950s vintage After Six by Rudofker midnight blue tails, vintage Harrod's marcella waistcoat, vintage Swank MOP studs and cufflinks set, vintage 1913 Dunlop high silk hat, 1890s Hampden pocket watch, modern marcella shirt, bow tie and collar from Darcy, Alen Edmunds captoe oxfords shined up to glow! I need a little more starch in the marcella and somehow the tie got off center during the course of the evening...

400740148.jpg

The birthday girl:
400740147.jpg

In immortal words of Bing, "I might have a bit of the bubbly myself..."
400740146.jpg

Last edited:

Patrick Hall

Practically Family
Chasseur,

as a long-time lurker, I've always enjoyed your photos. Your bride is stunning in that dress, and you cut a fine figure in white tie. I particularly like the flower in your lapel - adds just the right dash of color. I attended a party tonight, and wore one of my favorite suits. wool, late 40s/early 50's (I think) with modern tie, shirt, and pocket square, and my favorite Allen Edmonds wingtips. Hope everyone's had a great weekend!

Gray2.jpg

metropd

One Too Many
Patrick Hall;1394019 [IMG said:
http://i1257.photobucket.com/albums/ii501/Thecynicleric/Gray2.jpg[/IMG]

You are a very sophisticated dresser in all of it elements. Nothing looks dated just very fresh. I would love to see a Half-Windsor with this. ensemble!

Last edited:

metropd

One Too Many
Absolutely Immaculate! A real life noble and gallant gentleman seemingly taken right out of what would appear to be a fairy tale. People like you keep true elegance alive.
400740148.jpg

The birthday girl:
400740147.jpg

In immortal words of Bing, "I might have a bit of the bubbly myself..."
400740146.jpg
[/QUOTE]

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Thanks guys!

I guess they are the polyester gabardine trousers from dancestore. They look nice enough for the price. I love the combination of blue and brown in your outfit

Yup, that's what they are. I'm writing up a review but in a nutshell, I think they're great. They drape well, are uber high-waisted and will be perfect for summer (was a tad cold for them today but I couldn't wait).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran