Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Mario

I'll Lock Up

louis_custom_hatters_01_30_12.jpg

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Thanks. It's actually the first time I'm wearing this jacket since the pants got shredded. Look, Ma, another orphaned suit jacket!

Yeah, well. Earthtones seem to work on me. Grays as well, even though I haven't got a lot of nice gray stuff at the moment that's worth mentioning.

What I'm scared of are blues. I don't think they would ever work on me. Others can pull off that color of very well. Tunderw21 once posted a photo of himself wearing an incredibly blue suit paired with a yellow/mustard(?) colored shirt - that was a killer look!

Last edited:

Edward

Bartender
Mario, are those shoes Loakes? That's my next co-respondent target for the Summer: a pair of dark brown and light mocha Loakes.

Edward

Bartender
Another psychic! :eeek:

Yes, those are Loakes of the dark brown variety. :eusa_clap

Intuition, based on experience. ;) That particular colouring is quite distinctive: I don't recall seeing it on another brand (though somebody must have at some point, I suppose).

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
Patrick and Metro thank you for the kind words!

Mrs. Tuppence, Mario and Patrick looking good!

Nice pipe Tom! I've long debated picking one up...

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Thanks. It's actually the first time I'm wearing this jacket since the pants got shredded. Look, Ma, another orphaned suit jacket!

Yeah, well. Earthtones seem to work on me. Grays as well, even though I haven't got a lot of nice gray stuff at the moment that's worth mentioning.

What I'm scared of are blues. I don't think they would ever work on me. Others can pull off that color of very well. Tunderw21 once posted a photo of himself wearing an incredibly blue suit paired with a yellow/mustard(?) colored shirt - that was a killer look!

Blue is pretty easy, you could definitely pull it off. You should give it a shot.

me144.jpg

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Blue is pretty easy, you could definitely pull it off. You should give it a shot.

me144.jpg

Yes, that's the combo! Absolutely fantastic. It's such a simple yet effective combination and it comes with a bang. Great choice, really.

Only trouble is that you should never go to L.A. done up in that outfit or a certain four-man police-squad may show you the pleasant views of the Mulholland Falls: "Now, Jack, we don't have organized crime in L.A. and frankly, we don't want organized crime." ;)

BTW: It's hard to find a blue like that to beginn with..

Justin B

One Too Many
Meant to get pictures today and yesterday but have failed miserablely. I've decided this week I'm going to wear a suit to work every day, even though I don't have to. See if I can't do better tomorrow.

TTO

Familiar Face

This is what I finally chose as my prize from Hackett!
I have never been able to justify the ordering of a Dinner Suit, yet have always wanted one, the opportunity to acquire one that I liked, for free, was to good an opportunity to pass up!
-TTO

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
Herring, you're wearing DBs these days?

very very very rarely indeed. i still find DBs difficult to wear unless it's to some sort of formal, dressy event. i really only tried that suit on as i was photographing it for the Brit suits thread.
my usual day to day look is now more of a 1920s collegiate / rugged-dandy hybrid which i think is the result of watching too many Harold Lloyd films:

suit03-1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran