Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Miss Tuppence

A-List Customer
Yes, they're the closest I've found to what I believe an Oxford Bag would really be like. They've had some double takes in Beijing. Some children in hareem pants laughed at them in London one day, which I took as a compliment. They're from HeyDay, their Gallipoli model. I've never actually measured them at the ankle, but they must be about twenty inches around. Lovely things to wear. Great fun in high winds or on chairoplanes.... Great coupled with long johns in the worst of the Winter too.

Here’s a bit of useless information for you.... apparently, according to my Grannie, (when they were young) my Grandpas trousers measured 24 inches around the cuff! Which makes me laugh as that’s the same as my waist! :)
I would also take the harem pant clad gigglers as a compliment too- Harem Pants, come on now… really?:eeek:

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
I have two German 1930s trousers with 25 inches around the cuffs. They are both heavy worsteds and have a superior drape.

Miss Tuppence

A-List Customer
Two more from me:
Saturday evening...
1950's sundress and matching bolero
7301822446_03d4098ba0.jpg

Sunday- this was meant to be my Jubilee dress, but I couldn't wait as I wanted to wear it on my birthday!
Made from a 30's pattern. Hat original.
7301855450_393fc1a89a.jpg

T.

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
Lovely Miss Tuppence!

I've been on this vintage cricket/tennis kick lately:
RL cream golf trousers, Tootal red cravat, faux fair isle sweater vest (too hot for my vintage cricket sweaters!), Retro-sport cap, and trying out the Fred Astaire old tie as a belt look.

402817894.jpg

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
I got the Panama from the local flea-market from a guy who was selling second-hand and discount hats. It was $35. It's not a fancy one. It's a sort of mid-range Panama, but it IS a Panama, nonetheless.

Gin&Tonics

Practically Family
I got the Panama from the local flea-market from a guy who was selling second-hand and discount hats. It was $35. It's not a fancy one. It's a sort of mid-range Panama, but it IS a Panama, nonetheless.
Very nice. I've got my eye on a similar one from an online retailer that I plan to order when I finally get back home.

Pinesiw

A-List Customer
Lovely Miss Tuppence!

I've been on this vintage cricket/tennis kick lately:
RL cream golf trousers, Tootal red cravat, faux fair isle sweater vest (too hot for my vintage cricket sweaters!), Retro-sport cap, and trying out the Fred Astaire old tie as a belt look.

402817894.jpg

That retro sport looks great, 100% wool?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24