Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

coble

A-List Customer
488211_10151178370640350_1599272743_n.jpg

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
My wife and some friends took my out for a birthday dinner at the Royal Hawaiian Hotel a little while ago.

403707114.jpg

403707115.jpg

403707121.jpg

Me being overwhelmed by Johnny Weissmuller's muscles!

403707120.jpg

403707113.jpg

Gin&Tonics

Practically Family
Chasseur, you never disappoint, you dapper fellow!
stetsonvest.jpg

Here's me grieving the loss of my stache. The wifey simply couldn't stand it and didn't want to kiss me...happy wife, happy life they say...

dnjan

One Too Many
Here's me grieving the loss of my stache. The wifey simply couldn't stand it and didn't want to kiss me...happy wife, happy life they say...
It was a valiant effort.
You probably look more trustworthy now :whistling

Don't give up completely - I wasn't allowed to grow a beard until my wife forgot my birthday.

By the way - I really like the watch-chain with that waistcoat.

Gin&Tonics

Practically Family
Thanks for the kind words Chasseur and dnjan. I may try again sometime and see if I can get away with it :p

I actually made the watch chain myself; the fob is a medal my grandfather won playing lacrosse in 1925 in a Vancouver tournament. His team placed 1st overall :D It also happens to be the year my grandparents were married, which makes it an extra nice memento of them. Here's a detail of the fob:
dalbert3.jpg

The reverse is engraved "Lacrosse" and under that "1st"

dnjan

One Too Many
Nice! It is nice when a fob has sentimental value.
I rarely wear a fob myself, but when I do it is a silver dollar from the year my mother was born.

CircuitRider

One of the Regulars
I have a high hairline with thinning hair. Got tired of "arranging " it and went to a buzzcut...like it better all the time. I think more hair just makes them look worse.:p

Gin&Tonics

Practically Family
Here's what I wore today to go antique phone hunting (hunt was successful -- check out the vintage phones thread in the display case for that); interesting thing is, there's a bit more story that goes with this:
graygold.jpg

I was browsing in the Goodwill where I picked up a nice herringbone Harris Tweed sport coat (I'll post about that too when I get the chance), and I happened to pause at the rack that has all the phone cords (looking at what to do about my new vintage phone needing a jack) when an older gentleman who was perusing the same rack happened to glance at me. He smiled and nodded approvingly, and said, "Very, very nice! You look excellent!" He turned to me and asked, "Are you a model?"

I was quite surprised and said no, to which he replied, "Do you want to be?" We talked for a bit and the gentlemen said that he is a retired men's fashion photographer who has done all kinds of shoots for top men's fashion designers and magazines. He explained that he used to live in New York (which was supported by his accent) and that he retired and came out this way. He said I had a striking appearance and that I might be successful menswear model. He suggested I should get together with him and do some shots to send out to some of the contacts he has in the industry, and he ended by giving me his phone number. I was quite surprised by the whole thing; never had anything like that happen before! I'm not 100% sure the guy is legit, but then again I tend to be extremely suspicious by nature as a LEO, and since he suggested meeting in a public place to shoot photos, I can't see what design he might have up his sleeve in any case.

Any thoughts on this?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot