Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
00111.jpg

Gin&Tonics

Practically Family
Looking awesome, Splintercellsz! We need some better quality photos though, to show off your sharp looks. I know how frustrating it can be trying to get a good shot, especially if you have to take your own shots.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
I'll post shots tomorrow once I get the pictures edited, but here's the outlay of the accessories.
Chimayo vest, woven shoes, Trafalgar belt, Wittnauer watch, straw homburg
545878_358167034260546_1909657411_n.jpg

BR Gordon

One Too Many
Is it historically wrong to wear button-down shirt with three-piece suit?

The button down shirt collar has been around since the mid 1800s. Historically it was considered a casual or sporting shirt. In recent times it's become widely used with and without suits, but still considered more casual wear. It would say that it's not historically correct to wear it with three piece suit.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
From what I've seen, it's not something that was considered "proper" by those who made the fashions, but it was something that was widely done.

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
There's a thread on here somewhere where this topic came up. I mentioned that I thought it was considered "wrong" but then I believe Marc Chevalier provided lots of pictures to the contrary. The pics are probabaly no longer there [huh]but I'm still hunting for the thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael