Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
Thank you much, Gin! I have been experimenting with the outfits in my closet, and that is the child of my mind. Hopefully, I can expand, and put my mind to work!! I like the hat with the brim down, but up, it looks good too. The difficulty of choosing a brim stance!

~J

Gin&Tonics

Practically Family
I very strongly favour the downbrim myself, but the brim stance is very much a personal choice. It goes a long way toward projecting a certain persona or image.

For what it's worth, you look excellent with that downbrim going on. Very dapper.

Johnny J

Call Me a Cab
Bracing cup of tea in the autumn chill!
IMG_0016.jpg

Very nice! Cap looks great on you too.

fashion frank

One Too Many
Hello all, Since Photobucket had a problem with a new web page , I was prevented from posting in this thread.

That being said , Saturday me and my Pisano ,Salvatiore went around town taking care of business.
This is what we wore.

DSCN1225.jpg

I drag him with me every Saturday morning and lately I have been on the hunt for braces .

I hit the same spots every Saturday ,so I most often times get them before someone else looking for the same type item.

I get $ 50.00 braces ( what you would pay retail like at J.O.S. for example ) for $5.00 or $6.00 bucks and I'm not stretching the truth, most are in new condition or barely used.

Last edited:

fashion frank

One Too Many
As stated in an earlier post ,Photobucket was on the skids , so this was Sunday go to church attire.
It's starting to get cold here now and I needed the overcoat .

DSCN1228.jpg

I also like wearing this overcoat when I walk the mut it keeps me very toastie ;)

DSCN1230.jpg

All the Best , Fashion Frank

fashion frank

One Too Many
Thank you much, Gin! I have been experimenting with the outfits in my closet, and that is the child of my mind. Hopefully, I can expand, and put my mind to work!! I like the hat with the brim down, but up, it looks good too. The difficulty of choosing a brim stance!

~J

On your comment on how you like the look with the brim down, I hope I can post this link correctly and you can get a real good idea on the " wise guy , brim down" look, this is a link to a string of mug shots from the 1930's and they all have the hat brim down , anyway here goes ::http://twistedsifter.com/2011/05/vintage-mugshots-from-1920s-black-white/

All the best ,Fashion Frank

Last edited:

Mountain Man

A-List Customer
Man ,I gotta give it to you ,that ensemble screams " I'm nice in toastie in these duds ,don't feel the crisp of the cool autumn air at all ! "

All the Best ,Fashion Frank

Thank'ee kindly! That is about the heaviest suit I have ever owned - I ordered a few yards of Irish thornproof tweed while I was stationed in Afghanistan - the suit was made for about $80 by A. Seddiqi of Kabul. The cap is courtesy of Mr. Johnny Cordova, the shoes are new Grenson country brogues, and the shirt is one of the Luxire spear point collars in white oxford - the only actual vintage items in the pic are the tie, the collar pin and the blackthorn stick!

fashion frank

One Too Many
Thank'ee kindly! That is about the heaviest suit I have ever owned - I ordered a few yards of Irish thornproof tweed while I was stationed in Afghanistan - the suit was made for about $80 by A. Seddiqi of Kabul. The cap is courtesy of Mr. Johnny Cordova, the shoes are new Grenson country brogues, and the shirt is one of the Luxire spear point collars in white oxford - the only actual vintage items in the pic are the tie, the collar pin and the blackthorn stick!

Hey no problem with the complement calling'em as I see'em.

I had to respond though because of your comment on how you ordered a few yards of that cloth while on station in Afghanistan, it really hit home because just this last Friday my lifelong friend who I have been friends with since we were both 16 years old ( I'm 57 now) just got back from there after a year long deployment.

He ,was over the house just yesrerday and we make a great big dinner , then had cigars and wine out on the deck , dosent get any better than that !

Also in closing ,thanks for your service to our nation and as I stated my friend is my age ,yet he did two tours of I raq and then this one in Afghanistan .

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
As stated in an earlier post ,Photobucket was on the skids , so this was Sunday go to church attire.
It's starting to get cold here now and I needed the overcoat .
I also like wearing this overcoat when I walk the mut it keeps me very toastie ;)
DSCN1230.jpg

Looking good, but don't forget to take the maker tag off the sleeve of the overcoat.

fashion frank

One Too Many
Looking good, but don't forget to take the maker tag off the sleeve of the overcoat.

Wow I was hoping nobody would notice that since right after that picture was taken I said to my wife " geez , just look I forgot to remove that label "!
It's safe to say its now gone , I had bought that coat when it was warmer and forgot all about the tags LOL!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy