Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

CdnDandy

Familiar Face
Sorry, no camera available, but here's a quick sketchup:
outfitdec7.gif

Shirt has hand-stitched tattoo-styled roses, and around the neck are my lucky dice.

retrogirl1941

One Too Many
Well, to start off I am wearing a cranberry sweater-shirt(shortsleeved, c'mon its like 70 degerees down here!) and a pair of sailor jeans and a bandana that has sailors and bathing beauties on it in my hair. Sorry no picture. I feel(or make that felt, until I smashed my finger fixing something on my bike:( ) like a Rosie the riveter today.

Samantha

Dagwood

Practically Family
Like Orgetorix, I decided to go with a bow tie today. However, as usual, he is much more stylish.

pict04232ve0.jpg

Jovan

Suspended
I wouldn't say that. I actually like what you did. The light blue was a nice bold move, and it looks like your shirt's stripes match. Furthermore, the bow tie and pocket square are complimentary without needing to be cut from the same bolt (which I personally think looks tacky, and which many otherwise well dressed guys do for some reason). Only thing I might have done is a solid black square instead to lower the amount of patterns; I try to keep it to two.

Overall, don't think you're any less stylish. You did a good job of putting thought into an outfit and pulling it off with nonchalance, like usual.

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
Marty M. said:
Today I decided to be a little more casual. I've been working tons lately (Hence baggy eyes), so it feels relaxing today without a tie. Thanks.
Marty Mathis

IMG_4380.jpg
[/IMG]
Borsolino wool cap. Wool Charcol Blue plaid sport coat. Port color cashmere turrtle neck. Charcol Blue wool flannel trouser and Tan matted Croc. belt.

IMG_4385.jpg
[/IMG]
Tan Alan Edmonds "Chambrey" tassel loafers.

Very nice look! I like it- you look like a writer in the French Riviera who's been up late writing with a glass of absinthe at his side....I'm a bit of a romantic.

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
Very chic!

Choeki said:
Here I am again in my Hart Schaffner & Marx vintage suit with a light gray odd vest and my dark gray fedora. Today I decided to use a linen handkerchief instead of a pocket square since I was wearing a brown tie:

06DEC07-outfit01.jpg

Today also happens to be a brown shoe and silver jewelry day, so I wore a vintage pair of bi-metal Japanese Ground Self-defense Force cufflinks:

06DEC07-outfit02.jpg

I also wore a vintage Seiko 5 series 7S26 movement wristwatch with a navy metallic dial and gold accents:

06DEC07-outfit03.jpg

Marty M. said:
IMG_4380.jpg
[/IMG]
Borsolino wool cap. Wool Charcol Blue plaid sport coat. Port color cashmere turrtle neck. Charcol Blue wool flannel trouser and Tan matted Croc. belt.

Tis the season, buddy! A nice casual ensemble, particularly the watch fob. Very nice touch.

Dagwood said:
Like Orgetorix, I decided to go with a bow tie today. However, as usual, he is much more stylish.

pict04232ve0.jpg

I love the blue tonal ensemble you're working -- and the Churchill dot bow is dead on -- well tied, with the knot the correct size (i.e., not pulled too tight!).

I'm loving the bows today!

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
As if you don't see enough of me already...but this is a unique 1920's cloche with soutache embroidery and a fantastic interior label (note the arrow with the word FRONT), deco-era ribbon treatment and the banded sewing on the brim. I took a lot of pictures because I assumed people watching this thread would be interested in the details. And every time I smiled, I mussed up the photo.

betty_120707.JPG

betty_120707_b.JPG

[/IMG]
betty_120707_c.JPG

betty_120707_d.JPG

betty_120707_e.JPG

betty_120707_f.JPG

betty_120707_g.JPG

I'm not convinced this looks good on me, and would be willing to sell it for the right price.

I wore this with my 1930's coat and fuzzy wool sweater underneath, banana republic hip hugger wide leg tweed pants, pink and black embroidered lace stockings and reproduction 1920's shoes.

Vintage Betty

Choeki

Familiar Face
Working on Saturday (As usual...

Today I'm wearing one of my too-long suits and dark gray Borsalino fedora again, this time with a vintage U.S. Customs Service OIA (Office of International Affairs) organizational tie, my Balestrino single-breasted overcoat draped over my shoulder and a black button-down sweater vest from Uniqlo:

08DEC07-outfit01.jpg

Here's a close up of the OIA logo embroidered on the tie base:

08DEC07-outfit04.jpg

There's a pattern of tiny black dots located on the upper portion of the tie, but none located by the symbol.

Today's watch selection (black shoes and silver jewelry day) is a vintage 60's era Citizen "Seven Star" 23 Jewel wristwatch:

08DEC07-outfit02.jpg

I've been working on the crystal (a thick glass one) on and off with newspaper and Brasso/Maas as it was terribly scratched, so it currently has a slightly distorted and waxy appearance. I'm going to continue working on it until it gets 100% clear.

Finally, today's cufflink selection are vintage sterling silver inset with a small rhinestone. They are unmarked, so I assume they were produced locally...

08DEC07-outfit03.jpg

Vintage Betty said:
As if you don't see enough of me already...but this is a unique 1920's cloche with soutache embroidery and a fantastic interior label (note the arrow with the word FRONT), deco-era ribbon treatment and the banded sewing on the brim. I took a lot of pictures because I assumed people watching this thread would be interested in the details. And every time I smiled, I mussed up the photo.

betty_120707.JPG

I'm not convinced this looks good on me, and would be willing to sell it for the right price.

I wore this with my 1930's coat and fuzzy wool sweater underneath, banana republic hip hugger wide leg tweed pants, pink and black embroidered lace stockings and reproduction 1920's shoes.

Vintage Betty

I always really enjoy your posts. I love seeing the little, authentic details that you blend together to create a truly multi-layered and unique ensemble. I can't speak to anything I like in particular because I like the overall execution so much!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theartboxstore