Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Choeki

Familiar Face
Marty M. said:
Today I decided to be a little more casual. I've been working tons lately (Hence baggy eyes), so it feels relaxing today without a tie. Thanks.
Marty Mathis

IMG_4380.jpg
[/IMG]
Borsolino wool cap. Wool Charcol Blue plaid sport coat. Port color cashmere turrtle neck. Charcol Blue wool flannel trouser and Tan matted Croc. belt.

IMG_4385.jpg
[/IMG]
Tan Alan Edmonds "Chambrey" tassel loafers.

Wow! Your ensemble is really a treat to look at, and you genuinely look so casual wearing it. I have to admit that I'm completely blindsided by vintage-style casual wear rules (I usually wear formal-casual Japanese style), so it's going to be some time before I could pull something like that off.

Brooksie

One Too Many
Dinerman and Stanley: Nice vests guys - they add a nice touch to the ensembles you both have on. Lyburnum nice dress and accessories, you always look fantastic.

Brooksie

Patrick Murtha

Practically Family
I'm looking at least semi-trad today.

Wide-wale corduroys in British tan. These are cuffed and have a wide leg opening (22 inches) which I really like.
Marshall Field's blue button-down
Lord & Taylor dark green sweater-vest
Navy-and-gold-striped bow tie
Black braided leather belt
Jos A. Bank tan paisley OTC socks
Allen Edmonds black "Codys" (kiltie tassel loafers with woven leather inset)
Swiss army watch with black band
Outerwear: Brown leather jacket, brown leather gloves, Scottish tweed cap

Patrick Murtha

Practically Family
Marty M. said:
Thank you Mr. Murtha for your kind words. I have a local guy tie my flies. When we deliver a custom suit or sport coat, we put one in the lapel hole. Two things to consider if you're thinking about wearing a fly in your lapel: 1/ Your lapel hole can't be completely cut open. Otherwise your fly will just fall out. 2/ Use a barbless hook. Or file down the barb. Good luck.
Oh, a belated welcome to the lounge good sir.
Marty Mathis

Thanks, Marty! I plan to obtain some vintage flies through Ebay and file down the barbs as necessary. Only a handful of my suits and sportsjackets have a completely cut lapel hole; most have just a small hole to take a lapel pin. So that should work. Bouttonieres I tend to pin on the right lapel, rather than using the left lapel hole.

Another question for you: In that excellent photo of you in the "Gentleman's Guide to Minneapolis" section of the Fall 2007 Classic Style, are those wrap-around cufflinks? I don't see that style much, but love the swanky Rat Packiness of it.

Ada Veen

Practically Family
Thought I'd share my outfit today as I think it's quite christmassy! I'm a little disheveled in the photos, forgive me, I just got back from a party, and my hair is all crazy and my dress is all creased... probably should have done this before I set off! :rolleyes:

Its a 1950s grey dress with embroidered poinsettia:
IMAG0322.jpg

this one's a bit blurry but you can see the shape better:
IMAG0291.jpg

what's that? You'd like a closer look at the poinsettias? of course!:
IMAG0324.jpg

Ada Veen

Practically Family
the eagle eyed may also be able to spot bruce campbell in 'Evil Dead 2' in the background of the second one!

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
BegintheBeguine said:
Very pretty as always, lyburnum, even in costume. What were some of the other partygoers wearing?

Nothing as nice as lyburnum I'll wager! Very Holly Golightly--especially the hair bauble.

I adore your poinsettias too Ada Veen!

Technonut

Practically Family
On the way to see "1942 Christmas from Home" at Hollywood Theatre in Portland this evening... :)

1942 Christmas from Home re-creates a live Christmas radio show broadcast from Portland, Oregon during WWII, complete with a band, sketches, singers, commercials and period sound effects. Presented at the historic Hollywood Theatre, the blend of humor and poignancy, big band sound and familiar location combine to make an evening full of great entertainment, as well as a touching trip down memory lane for those who lived through World War II.

shwnite001.jpg

shwnite002.jpg

Vintage trousers, Pendleton wool vest, hand-painted tie, and Brentano spectators. The overcoat is a 40's Fahey-Brockman Donegal Tweed, and my Royal Stetson DeLuxe fedora... ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace