Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
brown3100.jpg
[/IMG]

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
MissHannah, you look FABULOUS here and so very 1950s "spot on" as always, as they say! You are one of the most photogenic and well dressed vintage ladies I've ever seen, a true inspiration from head to toe.

MissHannah said:
This was me at the Goodwood Revival at the weekend:
5002576916_c8a26bbee8_z.jpg

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Gijoe, wonderful rugged outdoor looks-as always!! :) :) I especially love this picture at the train platform
Gijoe said:
Today around 20 Miles Hillwalking near the French Border.
-Lofgreen Salt an Peper Work Cap
- Gray Chambray Shirt
- Lofgreen Hunting Vest
- Ralph Lauren 1940s Style brown Salt an Pepper Cargo Pant.
- US Service Shoes

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
dashing Sir, simply dashing- killer socks!:) :)
Bugsy said:
Today, I was a docent at the 1937 fire alarm relay station in Sacramento. I wish I had thought to take my camera. You would not have believe the ancient equipment that was in there originally. Amazing. The hat is a modern Stetson, The suit and tie are vintage but I'm not at all certain from which year. I cannot find any tags on the suit. The cufflinks are pre-WW I, and the Hamilton watch and band are from 1934. The shoes are modern Loake's, and the socks are modern, but have that vintage look.
Firealarm1.jpg

Firealarm4.jpg

FireAlarm3.jpg

FireAlarm2.jpg

FIrealarm5.jpg

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
lovely, lovely Torpedo, always the very dapper gent! Love all the little details here that add so much to this outfit.:) :) :)

Torpedo said:
Knox "Twenty Five" hat
Modern suit with pleated back features (I forgot to take pics, note to self - will do [huh] )
60's tie. I chose a pink pocket square to go with the tie's pink accents.
The cufflinks are horse-race-themed, so echoing the tie's equestrian motifs ;) . BTW, any idea about cufflinks age?

DSC00424b.jpg

DSC00430b.jpg

DSC00439b-1.jpg

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
REALLY like your outfit here Bugsy!! And what a CAR! Sorry I didn't make this event for lots of reasons, I'm sure you had a great time there.

Bugsy said:
On the second Sunday of September, the Art Deco Society of California hosts a Gatsby picnic on the grounds of the Dunsmuir mansion in Oakland, California. People pull out all the stops and do a wonderful job recreating a bit of the Jazz Age.
Gatsby2010J.jpg

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
MissHannah said:
Apologies for double posting (I've already posted this elsewhere!)

This was me at the Goodwood Revival at the weekend:

5002576916_c8a26bbee8_z.jpg

Amazing photo, gorgeous outfit! Yesterday, I got my Sept. issue of Cosmo magazine...didn't expect to see you and Fleur De Guerre there! You both look amazing, well done.

X
BD

Badluck Brody

Practically Family
I've always said, that anyone can simply buy an outfit and "dress up".... But what makes so many of our folks in Lounge stand out is that "they" make the outfit work. Not the other way around!

Whether it's their appearance or personal character... it's person that makes the package complete!

Good on you folks!

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
I heartily agree BB!! Btw, I so loooove your current avatar pic, very Golden Era-esque;) :)

Badluck Brody said:
I've always said, that anyone can simply buy an outfit and "dress up".... But what makes so many of our folks in Lounge stand out is that "they" make the outfit work. Not the other way around!

Whether it's their appearance or personal character... it's person that makes the package complete!

Good on you folks!

Bugsy

One Too Many
chanteuseCarey said:
REALLY like your outfit here Bugsy!! And what a CAR! Sorry I didn't make this event for lots of reasons, I'm sure you had a great time there.

Thank you, CC for the compliment. I did have a great time at the Gatsby, but I missed seeing you and the rest of the clan. I do hope all is well in San Jose.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot