Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This was today after Church. The gray suit and VS hat are pretty much "standard" for me, but the bow tie is a bit different. I've got several bow ties, but only wear one three or four times a year. I was told again today that I looked like President Taft. I guess there are are worse comparisons.

DSC05273.jpg

Edward

Bartender
Thanks, Edward. Were inside pockets ever a common feature on waistcoats? This is the first one I've seen with such pockets.

Based on the vintage examples I have handled myself, I don't believe they were ever particularly common. One of those touches that were optional, and (I think) appeared mostly on higher end stuff. Not unlike, again in my own experience, glove pockets in the tails of a tailcoat. I don't think I've ever encountered one with two inside pocket before, though.

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
Based on the vintage examples I have handled myself, I don't believe they were ever particularly common. One of those touches that were optional, and (I think) appeared mostly on higher end stuff. Not unlike, again in my own experience, glove pockets in the tails of a tailcoat. I don't think I've ever encountered one with two inside pocket before, though.

I have a tweed waistcoat with an interior pocket with a button. I've only used it once, but I like it. It's better than a money belt for keeping a spare tenner and your passport. I'm going to put one in a double breasted waistcoat, and probably every other waistcoat I make. It's one of those details that nobody else knows about, but is worth it.

carouselvic

I'll Lock Up
This was today after Church. The gray suit and VS hat are pretty much "standard" for me, but the bow tie is a bit different. I've got several bow ties, but only wear one three or four times a year. I was told again today that I looked like President Taft. I guess there are are worse comparisons.

A great look Big Man.

David Conwill

Call Me a Cab

I think you look great, but I'm not sure about the Taft comparison. You look more businesslike than the President. Not to mention about twenty years more modern!

-Dave

kools

Practically Family
Milwaukee today 52 degrees F

'40s overcoat; '50s blue gab sport coat; '40s gab trousers; '50s tie; Polo Ralph Lauren loafers

P1040431.jpg

P1040434.jpg

P1040436.jpg

P1040382.jpg

P1040435.jpg

OldSoul

Familiar Face
Not so much 'today' as 'tonight' I suppose. Wore out a jacket I found at a local thrift store this weekend. Not nearly as well put together as you all, but since I was going out for dinner at the local diner by myself I guess I had nobody to impress :p. I'm not sure how old it is, judging by the tag Id say 70's?

IMG_1465.jpg

IMG_1464.jpg

IMG_1467.jpg

Mario

I'll Lock Up
:)

Mario, this photo is great! I like the goofiness behind it, also love that guitar, thats your custom one you told me about before right? Again, great photo i think its got a lot of character.

Thanks! :) The funny thing is that I was indeed in a slightly goofy state of mind as the photo was taken after many hours of talk, music and quite a few whiskys with a former housemate of mine from way back when (we were younger, so much younger than today...). :D

And yes, it's my custom Dreizehnter guitar. Can't say how much I love her!

ws1

New in Town
From the last couple of days, it's been a bit cold here.

Savoy Taylors Guild overcoat I picked up at a charity shop
Wide leg trousers
Brown brogues
Tweed waistcoat
Harris tweed jacket
Christy 8-panel
Red wool tie

DSC05225.jpg

Yesterday
'40s 3-piece suit
'40s overcoat
Dunn bowler

DSC05229.jpg

Really elegant both of them, the one with bowler and spats indeed. You must have been receiving comments from people that day!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy