Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Taken at Mom and Dad's today. It's Mom's birthday!

2012-07-22%252016.36.14.jpg

Gin&Tonics

Practically Family
greengray.jpg

Nature colours today. Feels good to wear a suit again after several days of working in the house in shorts and tee shirt :D

Took in my other suit to the tailor today to have the sleeves shortened because they come right down and completely hide my shirt cuff. I tried to explain to the tailor that it's proper for a gentleman's jacket to show about 1/4 to 1/2 inch of shirt cuff, otherwise it looks like he's playing dress up in his father's closet. Both she and some lady that was in the shop at the time tried to tell me I was wrong and that it's "the style these days" to have long sleeves that completely cover your shirt cuffs. I politely told them we agree to disagree and had the tailor shorten the sleeves half an inch.

If enough people do something wrong long enough, people start to think it's right! Oivei.

Last edited:

tealseal

A-List Customer
Just something casual in the lovely heat down here... 95 degrees. :cool:

The colors look like Mint Chocolate... dunno if thats a good thing :p
00617.jpg

Any new hat-wearer who doubts that a fedora and polo can work together need to look at this guy!
Nice ensemble, and I like how you've got the hat pushed back a bit. Cheers!

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
Heading out tonight with friends to a party. White shirt, silver tie, ivory waistcoat, ivory trousers, black dress shoes...

IMG_1576.jpg

Not shown is the hat and the light grey, double-breasted jacket I'll also be bringing along.

Took in my other suit to the tailor today to have the sleeves shortened because they come right down and completely hide my shirt cuff. I tried to explain to the tailor that it's proper for a gentleman's jacket to show about 1/4 to 1/2 inch of shirt cuff, otherwise it looks like he's playing dress up in his father's closet. Both she and some lady that was in the shop at the time tried to tell me I was wrong and that it's "the style these days" to have long sleeves that completely cover your shirt cuffs. I politely told them we agree to disagree and had the tailor shorten the sleeves half an inch.

That's not style! That's fashion! And thank God for us, fashion changes, although not nearly fast enough on the things we hate and far too quickly on the things we love.

Last edited:

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, guys :) The sleeve-garters were a flea-market purchase. The guy I bought them from said they dated back to the 1930s. I don't know how he knew this (they look almost identical to modern sleeve-garters) but these are a nice silvery colour.

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Very cool, Hepville. Perfect casual summer attire. Maybe I need a loop collar shirt too. Kinda avoided them before, don't know why.
Nick D: I like everything in your picture. Very sharp. The bright american tie adds the certain pizazz.

Sproily and me at a Biergarten near Frankfurt Airport.
biergarten.jpg

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo