Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Giftmacher

One Too Many
Crazydaisy it's always a pleasure to see your posts, I wish to see this in the streets!

This is what I wore in today's working day. It was quite cold early in the morning.

DSCN0018_zpsa03a975e.jpg

DJH

I'll Lock Up
DSC00176_zpsde933d79.jpg

The bride (next to my cousin) is wearing a traditional Chinese "Cheongsam" dress. It's red, because red is the Chinese colour of celebration.

Shangas, we've photographed several weddings for the Chinese community at Tufts University over the last couple of years and the brides often like to wear the traditional red here in New England.

This sweet bride chose to wear a regular white dress for her wedding ceremony, but changed into red for her photos and reception.

651051799_hMvgh-L.jpg

We love to work with the Chinese families - they are always so nice, although very shy as well.

The Good

Call Me a Cab
Cool stuff, everyone. I went to church this morning wearing the hat, and it's very hot out in the upper 80s. Wearing a felt hat isn't all that bad in heat, too.

IMG_0721_zpsb4e728c4.jpg

Guttersnipe

One Too Many
Crazydaisy it's always a pleasure to see your posts, I wish to see this in the streets!

This is what I wore in today's working day. It was quite cold early in the morning.

DSCN0018_zpsa03a975e.jpg

I like the look. It's got a great 40s blue collar city dwelling working man vibe. I'm a big fan of those heavy, rough wearing tweeds you find on 40s and early 50s jackets like that.

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
Shangas, we've photographed several weddings for the Chinese community at Tufts University over the last couple of years and the brides often like to wear the traditional red here in New England.

We love to work with the Chinese families - they are always so nice, although very shy as well.

The Cheongsam (pronounced "Cheeyong Sa'am") is the traditional Chinese outfit for women on formal occasions. Its creation dates back centuries, but the modern version with the body-hugging cut and the shortsleeve/sleeveless design, dates to the Republican era in Shanghai in the 1920s.

Of course, they come in colours other than red, but red is worn on this occasion because it's the traditional Chinese colour of celebration. Formerly worn for just about anything, these days they tend to be a bit more reserved, and used for only special events, like weddings, birthdays, anniversaries, celebrations of various kinds.

Last edited:
A little chilly and windy/rainy here today, so first outing for this 50s leather jacket with fur collar. Alongside:

Cheap white undershirt
Original 1930s Levis Type I jacket, having lost the arms and collar somewhere along the way
LVC 1901 model 501s (these are I think, my favourite of the 501 repros)
D&G Motorcycle boots

240912-1.jpg

240912-2.jpg

240912-3.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner