Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
Hi Broccoli,

Yes the vest IS a bit large. But not excessively so. It's very comfortable; it doesn't feel like it's hanging off. The cravat's how I've always worn them. I was thinking of a tie, but for reasons I forget, I decided not to.

HamilcarBarca3

One of the Regulars
6PaPOW0.jpg

Gin&Tonics

Practically Family
Going out for dinner, and the theater tonight...

http://s12.photobucket.com/user/Fruffles/media/Clothing/IMG_1106_zps7f5b43b6.jpg.html

http://s12.photobucket.com/user/Fruffles/media/Clothing/IMG_1108-1_zps6efd0fc3.jpg.html

9kt gold Edwardian cufflinks
Also coming along for the evening are my vintage theatre-glasses:

Shangas, those cufflinks are phenomenal! I would love to find a pair like that. Extremely elegant without being too flashy. The theatre glasses are really neat as well. I have a set that actually fold into a little spring loaded case; you press the button and they pop out. Pretty sweet.

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
The cufflinks were sold to me by a very nice English gentleman at the local flea-market. He deals in antiques and he just happened to have that those at his stall one day. They're very beautiful, but a bit fiddly to put on!

Here's some close-up photographs:

Gijoe

A-List Customer
Goldrush today
- Akubra Hat
- Sugar Cane Vest
- RRL Shirt
- Pointer Brand HBT Pants
- Mister Freedom jacket
- Warehouse Bandana
- US Army Service Shoes

Last edited:

remi

New in Town
Hi there,
RRL officier Khakis, Buzz Rickson loopwheeled sweater and Buzz Rickson A2 horsehide jacket. Color 8 Cordovan Alden Indy boots

Mr Badger

Practically Family
My vintage British wool 'country' suit, sans waistcoat, seemed suitable for taking our Morris Minor to the Vintage Nostalgia weekend in Wiltshire, and it was a good choice as the weather was 65-ish with sunshine and a refreshing breeze – it only got slightly too warm right in the middle of the afternoon, and I was forced to source suitable refreshments!

971281_10151429685966714_1956404010_n.jpg

My vintage British wool 'country' suit, sans waistcoat, seemed suitable for taking our Morris Minor to the Vintage Nostalgia weekend in Wiltshire, and it was a good choice as the weather was 65-ish with sunshine and a refreshing breeze – it only got slightly too warm right in the middle of the afternoon, and I was forced to source suitable refreshments!

That is one thing I love about three piece suits---they are versatile. :D:eusa_clap

ajf

New in Town
Wore this to a wedding on Saturday as per my 'what to wear?' thread.
Would be grateful for any suitable comments.
Jacket probably does look a bit long - it isn't. I'm just short :D

IMG_2827.jpg
IMG_2830.jpg

970686_661344713879827_911336581_n1_zpsfebbb221.jpg

941479_10151934110769045_1590483630_n_zpse4816858.jpg

Day out in Lancashire Gallipoli 1915 pith British bush jacket 1955 jods 1940's riding boots officer field boot age unknown sam browne 1950's satchel old leather ?? my wife made all her own stuff
VM

crazydaisy

Practically Family
Finally some good weather the other day, so I wore a cotton frock for the first time this year, albeit with a knitted vest on top...eventually it was warm enough to go vest free.
The 1930's dress was a birthday present to myself.

DSC_0428.JPG

Hyena Stomp

One of the Regulars
^That's a lovely photo! Where was it taken? The building behind you reminds me very much of The Haunted Mansion attraction at Walt Disney World. :)

Here's me from today; 40's trousers, 40's Hollywood jacket (label: Cinema City Clothing), 30's tie, 30's shirt and modern shoes.

IMG_9447small.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ