Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Edward

Bartender
Not today, yesterday.

Kurtz-Bilt red polka dot tunic shirt and brown drill waistcoat
Edwin 505 selvedge jeans
Circa 19-teens western hat - The Santa Fe Electric Laundry; First in Everything

kurtz18-9-2013.jpg

The Google Glass isn't working so well, no? ;) New venture? I do like that waistcoat - has something of the utilitarian vibe of the thirties hunting waistcoats I've seen (which I assume is the design intent!). Also like the shirt. Nice cloth.

This was for a wedding last weekend:

Wedding-1_zps51b45ebe.jpg

Tootal tie and Victorian tie pin.

Sharp look. Where'd you find the shirt? I have a nice, probably thirties, stroller I need to get sorted, though it's notch lapel. Still looking for one with such a great peak to it as that...

Workin' on it, but you can expect a lot of exclamation!, dubious facts and vague threats, exhortations to mothers and grandmothers, second rate pseudo-endorsements, and certainly a preponderance of excruciatingly tiny pipes …

Apparently defenestration and/or enucleation will be a large part of the experience …

And they say Thatcher never changed anything... ;)

cpdv

One of the Regulars

My new early 30s jacket, its a hair tight and the tailor who made it didn't leave much room for alterations. I do like the cut of it though none the less so i'll be slowly suffocating in it anyways.

cpdv

One of the Regulars
Yeah next time I wear it I'll most likely do dark blue trousers. I'm not quite sure what sort of guy this was made for. A short man but I am a hair over 5'6" and the jacket has sleeves that match with the bottom of the skirts of the jacket and it fits my arms well. Kind of peculiar.

Someone with a short torso and long arms. It's also common, of course, to find that arms have been let down to their fullest extent (usually about 2.5" allowance in RTW of the era) while the body of the jacket can't be lengthened nearly that much - 0.5" if you're lucky - as the chap gets older. So at some point, it's very possible that the original owner was wearing a jacket that was too short for him, too.

Grey jackets of that shade I find tough to complement. I usually fall back on cream flannels as my go-to combination with such a jacket.

cpdv

One of the Regulars

I find that in my pursuit of the "Cult of Youth" look I find myself looking very modern. Only the collar is period and it's a "slidewell" from around 1915 or so. My spectators are allen edmonds 90th anniversary re-release of a pair of their original line from 1922.

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
cpdv, how old is the jacket ?
if you can find an odd jacket with narrower shoulders it will really help with the early 20s feel.

there's a lot of modern-20s-inspired looks around at the moment among the fashionistas. i think it's a good look.

cpdv

One of the Regulars
cpdv, how old is the jacket ?
if you can find an odd jacket with narrower shoulders it will really help with the early 20s feel.

there's a lot of modern-20s-inspired looks around at the moment among the fashionistas. i think it's a good look.
HBK the jacket is brand new. I was lured in by the pleated pockets. And it's from Banana Republic of all places and despite being made in Vietnam it in my opinion seems to be well made for modern standards or else I wouldn't have bought it. The jacket has very little padding in the shoulders and if it had a belted back and peak lapels it would be even better.
@simonc I never thought about it till you mentioned it and I defiantly have his comb over down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW