Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here

This was today at the Grove Park Inn in Asheville, NC in front of one of the huge fireplaces in the Great Hall.

Indy Magnoli

Vendor
Goodwill outfit: Pierre Cardin six button double-breasted blazer, 1940s necktie and cotton dress shirt. Total cost: $7
cardin_zpsecebc61e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Now THAT is thrifty. Bravo! Just goes to show you don't need money to look like a million bucks.

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
Rudie:

These are traditional Norwegian winter boots called labber. The commercial name is "Nesnalobben".
The pair I am wearing was my great grandmother's and then my grandmothers. They have been mine for about 6 years now.
I have several pairs as they keep me warm and go with my vintage.
Here is the website : http://nesnalobben.no/

You never wear anything modern, don't you? From the pic I thought they were modern. Kind of reminds me of Alaska Kid were he is invited to a dinner and has to buy himself some proper shoes to go with his suit. Upon arriving he finds that everybody wears the same Alaskan winter boots he usually wears and he's the only one with shoes. ;)

casechopper

IMG_0968.JPG
IMG_0969.JPG

VS Custom hat in sunset felt
Kirkland signature sunglasses (Rayban wayfarer style)
Schott car coat
Under the jacket I'm wearing a pointer brand hickory stripe chore coat for an extra layer.
Pointer Brand skinny (not really but this is what they call them) jeans
Thorogood 8" Moc toe boots

New coat - 1930s wth fur collar -

Out for a walk to see if it can handle the nordic cold. It did..they usually do :)
The Mack Beer truck in Tromsø.

Fantastic coat (and wonderful old radio in the background). The 30s was an era of gloves; I would bet you have some; this winter might be an opportunity to wear them - I'm just kidding a bit with you, but you should wear gloves outside in this insane cold. I think the boots look great with your beautiful and elegant coat. To me, you are saying I have the confidence and sense to keep my feet warm as I am not a slave to fashion - I'll wear my elegant coat because it keeps me warm, but I'm not going to wear silly shoes and have my feet freeze just to complete a look. Also, it gives you a good quirkiness.

Channeling my great grandfather. The eyeglasses are his, the same ones he's wearing in the 1930s photo. My suit is from 1941.

Your overall look is great as is your grandfathers. But congratulations also on having and being able to wear his glasses. That is such a nice connection to him and the era.

Big Man

the pocket watch really sets off the look. Nice Big Man!

Thanks. I've carried a pocket watch since I was in grade school. The one in the picture I've been caring since my Dad and Mom gave it to me for my 18th birthday - way back in 1973.

Flat Foot Floey

Good stuff, TT. I like the first outfit and the third (with the bow) best. The purple shirt does stand out. Not easy to combine I guess. The yellow gives a good contrast.

Is the first shirt a tab collar? What is the brand?

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Cheers.

Yes, the purple shirt is difficult to combine. Yellow is best colour but I only have a couple of yellow ties, so it is rather limiting.

The tab collar shirt was made by a company based in London who took the measurements and style/colour details, then sent them to Spain where the shirt was made. Unfortunately the shop has closed down.

babygirl...

One of the Regulars
awesome all the way around gentleman!!!!!!! you guys are knockin the fashion world outa the park!!! keep it up and maybe justttt maybe more gentleman will get on board and join yall in changing the world again one outfit at a time!!:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk