Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Metatron

One Too Many
On people's comments about the gingham, I think it would indeed look dowdy in a more conservative outfit, but in this cavalcade of patterns it really works well as a sort of 'mediator'.

Last edited:

The Good

Call Me a Cab
This is what I've worn today, with off-white khakis, a black belt, and black chelsea boots being the rest. The tie is vintage, from between the 1950s and the '60s.

Everyone else has been looking sharp, lately. As for gingham shirts, I do not own one, but I wouldn't mind it. However, solid shirts are my preference.

Last edited:

Metatron

One Too Many
Temperatures have been dropping lately, and I got a bit over-excited. :rolleyes: I put all this wool on for a bicycle ride to the charity shops, and as a result was rather hot..

I almost put on a wool tie too, thankfully I decided against it as it would hinder me from trying things on. I also had the good sense to wear a linen cap.
I didn't buy any clothes, but got a book on the Korean war.

Later I put a more sensible outfit on.

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Just got back home yesterday evening from a week-long trip to Folly Beach, SC. With an occasional exception when we went out to eat several times, this was my standard mode of dress for most of the week.

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
P1040932_zpsc58343fe.jpg
[/URL]

Nice outfit. Is the shirt vintage or a repro?

Just got back home yesterday evening from a week-long trip to Folly Beach, SC. With an occasional exception when we went out to eat several times, this was my standard mode of dress for most of the week.

Perfect!

If you'd like, please join us in the Hawaiian shirts and fedoras thread.

Papperskatt

Practically Family
I just got in a blue serge suit from speakeasyman. It's patterned off of an original from the late teens early 20s. I had him modify it into a "novelty" suit with the close button placement, (not a jazz suit though) pleated patch pockets and a pleated belted back. Also I've got my new cap from Monsivais caps on as well. You will notice how flared the jacket is.

And of course some black and white spectators and fancy windowpane socks to go with my slim highwater trousers.
Awesome! I'd really love to see some clearer shots of that suit.

Metatron

One Too Many
Nice outfit. Is the shirt vintage or a repro?

and who's the jacket made by ?

Thank you. The shirt isn't anything fancy, it's from the cheap British high-street brand Matalan. vintage inspired chambray shirts are quite common on the high-street.
The jacket is by a company called Campri, and probably from the 1960s judging by the labels. I got it from ebay.
The seller made a plethora of competent repairs to the rather worn lining before putting it up for sale, and included a bobbin of thread in the parcel, which I think was a nice touch.
The trousers are old Danish civil defence issue.

Retro Spectator

Practically Family
I wore my new old Swank slide on tie bar today. I also decided to take a picture of myself wearing my other new old Flex-Let Quality tie bar. The Swank one is the one without the glass/stone in the center.
3EPGVFp.jpg
XTnBl1q.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot