Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

fiftyforfifty

Sponsoring Affiliate
HBK well it was worth a shot. :D
fiftyforfifty Cheers! Thats a Peter Jackson Orange label. I'll grab a photo of the DB waistcoat soon!
On the subject, this is an outfit I assembled tonight in anticipation of summer. This is probably my most authentic 1920s-inspired uniform. Tall collar, three-piece, boater and some glorious purple. :)
3DaUTYP.jpg

kbzxUgc.jpg

~MCRB

May I know PantherMkv what do u mean by uniform.

Mr. B, that is an exceptionally snappy tie, and the sport coat is awfully nice as well. Great Kennedy era vibe to the look.

Last edited:

BriarWolf

One of the Regulars
I like your summer style HBK!
Would love to see a boater added!
I took coffee with some pals, here I am wearing a new window pane flanel suit (with fantastic DB waistcoat), and my Akubra homburg;
11855624_10153508512659324_2648734829146030557_n.jpg

My friend's ridiculously adorable pup fit right in my hat!
11218851_10153485781089324_8489442637433284540_n.jpg

~MCRB

Herr Panther, I must say you look absolutely astounding; I'm really surprised you're not on the cover of a magazine. Very, very well put together sir.

PantherMkV

New in Town
FiftyforFifty:
It always seemed to me that the men in old adverts were wearing such similar suits that they seemed like a 'young gentleman's uniform'! Typically boater, skinny suit and some wild shirt/tie combinations. That is what I tried to emulate :)

FashionFrank:
Looking good! I am jealous of your boater, your car (from previous posts) and your summer!

BriarWolf:
Thankyou so much! It is a favourite outfit :)

Kind regards,
~MCRB

Metatron

One Too Many
Funny how within the vintage fan world 'micro fashions' emerge... Recently neckerchiefs seem to be 'fashionable'
I've taken to wearing one myself.

Last edited:

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I've found that neckerchiefs and scarves are highly addictive: once you start wearing them you don't feel fully dressed without them. Hats have the same effect for me.

Metatron

One Too Many
Cheers Eddie, works with my long neck!

Bob, I agree. There is such a stigma on hats nowadays - the ridiculous fedora meme.
And yet apart from the look, it is a practical piece of gear- Once it becomes a habit, it is rarely not hat/cap weather. You want protection from the sun, cold and rain.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner