Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender

AlanC said:
Trying to Easter it up a little.

p1012340qe2.jpg

I think I detect some snap cufflinks. Looking good.

Laura Chase

One Too Many
This is my first post in this thread, I'm hoping to start taking pictures of outfits somewhat regularly. :)
This is a tumeric linen dress Ffom a label called Noa Noa. It was snowing so I decided to wear this otherwise summery dress with black stockings and boots. Boots are from Kurt Geiger, they have no zipper (lovely!) and the heel is a grey stacked wooden heel. A grey bag would have been amazing, but alas, I had none. With this I wore a sapphire blue wool cape, unfortunately no pictures of it yet.

2355891063_4b76483a20.jpg

2356724082_2d13eede05.jpg

2355893013_5a0cd8d0ed.jpg

2355891823_7deabdd6e9.jpg

Jovan

Suspended
Diamondback said:
I don't know, I think you look better than you give yourself credit for, Miss G3...

Besides, I think "Ultimate Fail" would be a term better reserved for the sleaze you see around most malls these days. Just my pair of copper-clad Lincolns...
Seconded. There isn't a picture of you I've seen yet that doesn't make my day just a tad better.

metropd

One Too Many
StanleyVanBuren said:
@ the Edison w/ some friends:

n8503920_31620197_2732.jpg

I think you finally got your look down, it really looks good. I can't think of anything that needs improvment. Stanley, Great job. Very pretty girl you are friends with BTW.

Patrick Murtha

Practically Family
My new avatar is the great lawman Eliot Ness, a hero of mine. I've been watching the first season of The Untouchables on DVD with great pleasure.

Interestingly, Ness, although he never had a total Eliot Spitzer-like meltdown, did not get through life without troubles -- marital discord with several wives, alcoholism (ironic in the light of his role during Prohibition), drunk driving. Even this "untouchable" is not unassailable (but then I don't know who is).

I'm dressed in his style today (although without Robert Stack's signature vest).

Medium grey SB 3B ventless suit
Light blue shirt with white and red striping, white spread collar, white French cuffs, royal blue monogram on left cuff
Jos. A. Bank white tie with rep stripes in light blue and royal blue
Heavy silver tie chain
White cotton pocket square, rectangular fold
Lemon-colored carnation, left lapel
Vintage round silver snap cufflinks with mother-of-pearl insets
Blue marble capped Waterman ballpoint pen with silver accents, shirt breast pocket
Large silver pocket watch, left trouser pocket, silver chain attached to waistband
Black genuine lizard belt with gold buckle and tip
Polished stainless steel link bracelet (left wrist)
Jos. A. Bank dark grey argyle OTC socks
Cole-Haan black split-toe lace-ups
Vintage 1980s Churchill dark grey fedora with dark grey band. "Churchill" pin

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Everybody looks so good! I especially love Pink's luncheon picture and Jerekson's tinted specs.

I'm wearing a new dress from Boden today--not vintage per se but vintage styled. Pale blue with a white flowerish pattern, vintage Trifari bracelet with pale blue stones, heels. The dress is one of my new favorites--it's so comfortable. I'll try to take a picture tonight.

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
thunderw21 said:
A warm-weather look for Easter, though it's spitting snow. :(

*Vintage Champ
*Modern shirt with French Cuffs
*Vintage cuff links and tie bar
*1940s tie
*Modern full-cut trousers
*Modern suspenders
*Bostonian spectators
*Repro ATF M41 jacket
(No, I don't smoke :D )

me020.jpg

I have that tie, also. I believe it's a Haband.

lyburnum

Practically Family
gluegungeisha said:
50's disaster!
+ blur and bad lighting. I tried...

I just don't know what to wear with these pants! I feel that the bright, robin's egg blue on the shirt is way too much for the light green bottoms; I also don't know how to make pastel pants look like they didn't just pop out of "The Babysitter's Club" -- the look I've got now is reminiscent of a 90's camp counselor. I'm really tempted to just dye them indigo, but I think that would be a horrible vintage sin, since that mint color is so rare. Older fabrics don't dye evenly, anyway.

I think it's just time for me to just invest in a good, white, cotton blouse. The only white blouse I have is a loose, Titanic-era one. I'm horrible at shopping for basics!

Ultimate Fail.

I don't think it's an ultimate fail, and I also think those pants are super cute. I think maybe you just need to neutralise the other colours you wear with them, so that the pants are a real feature. At the moment the colour of the pants is competing with the other colours in your outfit. I think they'd look really cute with a white shirt with a matching mint neck tie - to bring attention to the colour. Baby pinks also work really well with mint green (don't know if you're a baby pink person), but only in small doses (such as a belt/necktie/earrings)! The pants would also look awesome with a 50s sweater girl look - sweater girl is my ultimate in easy 50s daywear. You could try a cream beaded cardigan or knitted jumper. I also like the idea of the shirt you're wearing, because it brings some pattern into the outfit, but perhaps a different colour (like a navy blue accent?) would work better?

The colour will be difficult to work with at first, but once you find an outfit you really love that works with the pants, I'm sure you'll wear it time and time again. They are lovely, don't give up just yet!

Anyway, this is all my two cents (two pence?), so feel free to ignore me. After all every one of us creates our own unique style and that's what makes everyone so fantastic and inspiring!

P.S. I really hope I don't come off like I'm trying to be a know it all :(

gluegungeisha

Practically Family
lyburnum said:
I don't think it's an ultimate fail, and I also think those pants are super cute. I think maybe you just need to neutralise the other colours you wear with them, so that the pants are a real feature. At the moment the colour of the pants is competing with the other colours in your outfit. I think they'd look really cute with a white shirt with a matching mint neck tie - to bring attention to the colour. Baby pinks also work really well with mint green (don't know if you're a baby pink person), but only in small doses (such as a belt/necktie/earrings)! The pants would also look awesome with a 50s sweater girl look - sweater girl is my ultimate in easy 50s daywear. You could try a cream beaded cardigan or knitted jumper. I also like the idea of the shirt you're wearing, because it brings some pattern into the outfit, but perhaps a different colour (like a navy blue accent?) would work better?

The colour will be difficult to work with at first, but once you find an outfit you really love that works with the pants, I'm sure you'll wear it time and time again. They are lovely, don't give up just yet!

Anyway, this is all my two cents (two pence?), so feel free to ignore me. After all every one of us creates our own unique style and that's what makes everyone so fantastic and inspiring!

P.S. I really hope I don't come off like I'm trying to be a know it all :(

Know it all? Absolutely not! I really appreciate your advice.

Pastels and whites are just something I seem to lack in my wardrobe. I did find a really cute, cream-colored lolita-ish top in one of my drawers; I think that'll match the mint nicely. :)

EDIT:
Here's take two.
2359004309_aa788b61a2.jpg

Definitely more bland than my regular style, but I think it's a good start.

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Poor sad camera phone again...

Made this dress from a late 40s mail order pattern. The fabric a friend's wife gave me. Despite how obnoxious I think this dress is, I received a lot of compliments today. :D

l_948e8a3551f85243eddd738ec6db6a06.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24