Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

CharlesB said:
with plaid jammies n fuzzy slippers
bummin1.jpg

That's a good look, especially with the slippers I'm imagining :D

Mary

Practically Family
Laura Chase. I love that blouse too. Saw it in the hairtread but didn't want to withdraw the attention on your beautiful hair. I love my blouses too. White's such a beautiful colour.

And thanks CharlesB for that picture with casual clothes. Maybe I should start posting here too in a near future.

And fiftiesfreak that's a really beutiful dress. I'm longing for summer so I can wear all my pretty things.

Marty M. said:
... I'd be interested to know what the so called reasons that these stores (above mentioned) went out of business over. We Retailer's always tend to blame customer loyalty and/or consumer shopping patterns changing. To be honest, most Retailers don't deserve customer loyalty and they don't change with the times or their customers. Therefore they deserve to go out of business. Sorry, I'm on a soapbox :eek: .
Marty Mathis

"Knowing thy self is knowing thy customer."

:eusa_clap

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
Fifties*Freak said:
This is my first time posting here, I usually just hang out on the hair thread. I have to show off my "new" Lilli Ann suit! This was actually yesterday for the evening church service.

Picture6023a.jpg
Stunning! You and the suit.

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
PADDY said:
(I'll let Lola describe her attire in the studio lot of 'Atonement!' Over to YOU, Miss Lola Valentine :eusa_clap ).

ME: 1940's dark blue with light blue and white stripe Montague Burton suit (English). Black half cap brogues (shoes). 1940's American tie. Collar bar. Long spear tipped collar shirt. Irish Linen pocket square in a Sydney Opera House four sails style. Pre-war (WWII) vintage American flag lapel broach. Henry the Hatter of Ma. Beaver fedora. Think 'That's All Folks!!'

KELSOFL005.jpg

You both look great!

MissHannah

One Too Many
imoldfashioned said:
I love this outfit MissHannah (I'm a sucker for green). Are your jacket or dress/skirt vintage?

The jacket is vintage (part of a suit) but the dress is a repro from the Bettie Page range:
http://pinup-parade.com/shop/dresses.htm

Thank you everybody! I was having a lovely day and I like that I can see I'm happy in the photo - I'm normally so posey and snooty looking!

Patrick Murtha

Practically Family
Starting to feel more spring-like in Wisconsin!

Going this evening to the "Welcome Home" dinner for the Wisconsin Timber Rattlers Class A minor league baseball team, a Seattle Mariners affiliate here in Appleton. I'm a "team owner," as the team has a public ownership model (like the Green Bay Packers). A share goes for $50.00. The atmosphere at Fox Cities Stadium is very pleasant and I go to games frequently during the summer. When I go to night games straight from work, I go in my business attire (Marty Mathis will approve). I enjoy being the only one in the stadium dressed that way. On weekends I might be a little more casual.

As a team owner I know everyone in the front office, the radio announcer, the board of directors, and so on. That's something nice about small-city America, the "where everyone knows your name" effect. One can position oneself so much closer to institutions. If I were still in Chicago, I assure you that no one in the Cubs organization would care who I was. Nor would I be likely to be on a first-name basis with area mayors and other politicians, CEOs, museum directors, symphony conductors, and so on. Big cities have many attractions, but they are truly more impersonal; the machinery of things is at a greater distance unless one has considerable money, power, or family connections to begin with. Here in Wisconsin, to be involved at a high level, you just show up.

Black/white houndstooth silk/wool SB 3B ventless sportcoat
Pal Zileri black gabardine trousers, plain bottoms
White-on-white point collar French cuff shirt
Black/white slant-striped tie
Silver tie bar, angled down
Black silk pocket square, points up
White pom flower, right lapel
Checkerboard cufflinks
Black leather dress belt, silver buckle and tip
Swiss Army watch with black band (right wrist)
Polished stainless steel link bracelet (left wrist)
Calvin Klein Truth cologne
Jos. A. Bank black OTC socks with multi-colored vertical stripes
Mezlan spectator bicycle-toe lace-ups in black calf and black deerskin (pretty jazzy!)
Black wide-brim fedora with black band, feather, pearl hatpin
Nautica black DB topcoat (for extra warmth morning and evening only)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran