Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Patrick Murtha

Practically Family
Back to spring-like conditions in Wisconsin today. Temperature hovering around 50, so a Harris tweed jacket provides exactly the right level of warmth.

Vintage blue-gray Harris tweed SB 2B double-vent sportcoat by Hector Russell Kiltmaker Group of Inverness, Scotland
Dark grey cuffed wool trousers
Marshall Field navy/white candy-stripe button-down, open neck, crisp white tee underneath
White cotton pocket square, rectangular fold
Vintage trout fly, left lapel
Black woven leather belt with silver buckle and tip
Swiss Army watch with black band (right wrist)
Polished stainless steel link bracelet (left wrist)
Gold college ring (right ring finger)
Grooved stainless steel ring (left ring finger)
JAB dark grey patterned OTC socks
Cole-Haan saddles in navy/light green
Vintage Stetson blue-grey fedora with black band, feathers

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Last day at the old job...

p1012699ud7.jpg

p1012707jm4.jpg

lyburnum

Practically Family
Today (I even tried to smile!):
IMG_0446.jpg

I'm turned round because the back of the dress is my favourite part.

I didn't really like wearing flats with it, but they were the most suitable shoes I had. All my others were too heavy for the dress. I should probably invest in a nice pair of white low heeled shoes.

I really should reply to the compliments I get on here, but I'm terrible at it, so I shall say thank you now to all the people who've given me wonderful feedback recently - you make my day a little brighter! :)

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
lyburnum said:
Today (I even tried to smile!):
IMG_0446.jpg

I'm turned round because the back of the dress is my favourite part.

I didn't really like wearing flats with it, but they were the most suitable shoes I had. All my others were too heavy for the dress. I should probably invest in a nice pair of white low heeled shoes.

I really should reply to the compliments I get on here, but I'm terrible at it, so I shall say thank you now to all the people who've given me wonderful feedback recently - you make my day a little brighter! :)

Very nice. I wish more females would dress like this. It's feminine. Feminine good. :)

Patrick Murtha

Practically Family
AlanC said:
Last day at the old job...

What's the old job? What's the new job? [huh]

Sometimes people's posts could include a little more information. I just get confused. Matt Deckard's posts, for example, you practically have to be a member of a secret society to make heads or tails of. :)

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Hello gang!
I've been silly not to have read this thread before, I can see I've been missing out. My do we have smart gentlemen and charming ladies here. Now a have hundreds of pages to look forward to...
Is that Lola? I think I'm in love! You really have the vintage look from head to toe, that certain je ne sais quoi...
PADDY said:
lyburnum, I'd like to steal your wardrobe, except you wear it so well!
dollydaydream, you're dreamy!

Lola Valentine

One of the Regulars
Yes, that picture with the eternally dapper Paddy is indeed me. Thank you so much for your sweet compliment! You'll need to start posting some pictures of yourself here now that you found the thread!
This is a wonderful thread, always full of so much inspiration (and handsome men ;) )

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Well when the wild ROVER gets the suit...

...make sure you snap a few pics of you wearing it Ray, as only 'you' can!! Great looking suit :eusa_clap

Patrick Murtha

Practically Family
It was snowing in Appleton when I woke up this morning, and on the drive into work, too. That settles it; I'm moving to Mexico.

Although actually, any move at this time is dicey. It is a very strange time in the world; I think we are going to look back at 2008 and say, "That is the year that a lot of things changed." Gas prices, Peak Oil, climate change, credit crises, total off-the-playbook moves at the Fed, global food riots, housing in turmoil, airlines in turmoil, etc., etc. -- it's all happening really fast, and who knows where it's headed? Hard not to feel uneasy about this...

Bernard Allen ecru tic weave SB 3B ventless suit, plain bottom trousers
Joseph Abboud blue stripes on white ground spread collar French cuff shirt
Navy/royal blue/gold patterned "power" tie
Slender gold tie chain
Navy polka-dotted silk pocket square, puff fold
Egg-shaped stone cufflinks with striations in different shades of blue, scalloped silver edges
Brown leather dress belt with vertical groove lines
Fossil watch with gold/silver band (right wrist)
Polished stainless steel link bracelet (left wrist)
Gold college ring (right ring finger)
Grooved stainless steel ring (left ring finger)
Armani Mania cologne
Vannucci taupe patterned OTC socks
J&M spectator captoe lace-ups in dark brown and light woven brown leather
Stanley Blacker tan SB wool/cashmere topcoat
Brown leather gloves
J. Crew navy wool scarf with kelly green stripes
Vintage Dobbs grey twill fedora with suede panels, two feathers

gluegungeisha

Practically Family
Since I'm in the middle of finals and a short-staffed period at work, I've been dressing mainly for comfort lately...and no, I'm not going to wear my pretty petticoats when I'm scrubbing toilets and lifting boxes. I've also been spending way too much time on hel-looks.com.

I wore this outfit yesterday. I was called into work at 8:00 in the morning and left at 10:00 to go home and work on a research paper. Then I met up with an old friend to attend an Earth Day festival, in which I was caught in a tidal wave of hippies. Finally, I made a mad dash (on foot) back to work at 2:00 in the afternoon and ended up staying there until about 10:00 at night. I hope that explains the grungy hair and goofy expression!

2446300928_f018a312fe.jpg

Scarf -- vintage, thrifted.
Shirt -- My favorite David Bowie shirt; I've had it since I was 12. Buffalo Exchange?
Tights -- Leg Avenue, probably.
Shorts -- Buffalo Exchange new merch. The brand is "Cello."
Shoes -- Saucony Bullets.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou