Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

JohnnyGringo

A-List Customer
This is me all tuxed up enroute to a Masonic function last night. I'm wearing a new Carrot & Gibbs Bow Tie, which, by the way, tied beautifully. I was uncertain about the choice of hat though-yes or no?

DadsPics069.jpg

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
I guess some of the ladies here who have been to the movies lately can guess my inspiration for this outfit.

Grey widelegged dresspants
Grey waistcoat
Simple white dress shirt
Babyblue & white tie
Tie pinned to waistcoat with a Chanel brooch
Black courtshoes
Black hat from Gucci (I only wear it when driving, so my hair doesn't get super fluffed up by the wind).

GENTLEMEN: Feel free to correct my way of tying a tie, since I only know the Windsor but isn't very experienced.

DSC01857.jpg
DSC01858.jpg

=Clipper=

One of the Regulars
Desdinova721 said:
newties.jpg

The one I was wearing is obviously the one on the left, I'd bet it's from the 1940s; the other three I just picked up at goodwill for 6$ each and are modern, but they're pretty nice.

Those are some swell ties, Desdinova. I still like the tropical one the most. Good deal there. Sometimes Goodwill has some decent deals and you'll be amazed to find some nice vintage items from time to time.

Oooo thanks everyone for your kind worms :D

Rittmeister; LOVE LOVE LOOOOOVE the shoes!!!!

And Darhling, I particularly like that outfit! Big fan of headwear of all kinds & you never let me down ;)

Today I'm attempting a casual 40s feel I think...

PICT0080.jpg

You even got a smile too, you lucky things!

I want to meet Famous Dave the big floaty pig & eat his deliecious ribs. I imagine he is like Bloatys Pizza Hog lol We don't have rib places over here. Or Taco Bell. I want to try Taco Bell. mmmm food...

Lionheart

One of the Regulars
JohnnyGringo said:
This is me all tuxed up enroute to a Masonic function last night. I'm wearing a new Carrot & Gibbs Bow Tie, which, by the way, tied beautifully. I was uncertain about the choice of hat though-yes or no?

I say it looks great! :eusa_clap

Pip

A-List Customer
Rittmeister - Absolutely love those trousers! The style of the leg is simply fantastic. Exceedingly jealous :D

Dollydaydream - look fabulous! If only everyone in the W.Midlands dresed like you! Loved yesterdays high collar and todays casual look. Bag is ever so cute :)

Darrrling - wow as always, the grey and white combination SO works for you and the wide legged trousers are gorgeous! I like the tie as it is I have to say, it works perfectly for the overall look :)

Btw - also love the brooch and the blouse, are they 3/4 length sleeves or full length rolled slightly?

Darhling said:
I guess some of the ladies here who have been to the movies lately can guess my inspiration for this outfit.

Heyy, its not only the ladies who have watched it lol

Everyone looks lovely lately on here!

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Pip said:
Darrrling - wow as always, the grey and white combination SO works for you and the wide legged trousers are gorgeous! I like the tie as it is I have to say, it works perfectly for the overall look :)

Btw - also love the brooch and the blouse, are they 3/4 length sleeves or full length rolled slightly?

Heyy, its not only the ladies who have watched it lol

Everyone looks lovely lately on here!

lol well it is a great movie.. especially fashion wise..

I do really like grey as opposed to black, so you will be seeing more of that on me in the future..

Pip-darrrling, the shirt is 3/4 sleeves, a lenght that suits me the best I think.

Dolly - Thank you so much! I really like headwear aswell, from flowers to pins to hats.. really makes the final touch!

Pip

A-List Customer
It is yes! And a good film in general :eek: :D

Aha thought it was 3/4, but wasn't quite sure :eek: really suits you though! Then again, everything seems to lol

Darhling said:
I do really like grey as opposed to black, so you will be seeing more of that on me in the future..
Excellent to hear, it contrasts so well with your hair as well (jealous as I really want your shade of hair lol)!

Laura Chase

One Too Many
Darhling, love the Carrie-spinoff. :eusa_clap You just need the cameo in stead of the flower.
You know, the outfit itself in the movie is a tribute to an original outfit Carrie wore in the series, season four or five I believe, it was in lovely shades of brown and red and with that lovely flesh-pink cameo, it was heavenly. I will just try and whip up a screenshot of it, I know exactly which episode it is...

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Laura Chase said:
Darhling, love the Carrie-spinoff. :eusa_clap You just need the cameo in stead of the flower.
You know, the outfit itself in the movie is a tribute to an original outfit Carrie wore in the series, season five I believe, it was in lovely shades of brown and red and with that lovely flesh-pink cameo, it was heavenly. I will just try and whip up a screenshot of it.

I absolutely love that cameo, but I really don't have a lot of brooches, so I did my own little version of it. Perhaps I can find one on the fleamarket this saturday!

Laura Chase

One Too Many
Darhling said:
I absolutely love that cameo, but I really don't have a lot of brooches, so I did my own little version of it. Perhaps I can find one on the fleamarket this saturday!

Cameos are drop dead expensive since they are very collectible. I'm a collector myself, but I have so many nice ones that are missing frames! I did a screenshot of the outfit, she was sitting down so you can only see the top:

2608480344_d5de1b2542_o.jpg

I simply adore these colors!
Sorry, that this is off topic!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran