Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

TessTrueheart

Mary said:
What I wore yesterday to the FL-get-together in Copenhagen. My guess is late forties cause the skirt is kind of full but I'd love if someone could dated the dress.

So mustardcoloured dress, some thick black stockings and some black forties shoes.

photobuck.jpg

Mary, that dress is gorgeous! I hope you ladies had a great time in Copenhagen!

ShrinkingViolet

A-List Customer
I looked around a bit, and I think the embroidery on that lovely mustard yellow dress might be "shadow stitch" ("skyggesting") but I'm not entirely sure.

We had a great time at the meetup! Hope you can come along next time, Tess. The highlight was when Mary got into a giggling fit over the "come as a baby"-themed flapper party. That was just too cute! lol

TessTrueheart

ShrinkingViolet said:
We had a great time at the meetup! Hope you can come along next time, Tess. The highlight was when Mary got into a giggling fit over the "come as a baby"-themed flapper party. That was just too cute! lol
:eek:fftopic:
Oh no, I missed a giggling fit! I'll be there next time!!

Mary

Practically Family
You must! Hope all's fine and dandy. And I love your new haircut. You must start posting your outfits and hair here too!

M

Mr. Turner

New in Town
Beardandsuch014.jpg

Sweater from H&M
Brown Monty Python t-shirt (I love Monty Python! Whoo!)
Pin-striped pants from Target
Sunglasses from Wal-mart
Hat from H&M

It was chilly, but sunny today, so I fit in quite nicely.

Miss.Monroe

New in Town
Mary said:
:) Thanks! In some fleamarket. Please post pics of what you're wearing! I'd love to see!

Oh, thank you Mary, I'd like too, but I just have a vintage dress that I already have shown ( I hope you understand what I mean..) and I don't dress much as vintage.
But this Saturday, I'll go to a Flea Market. I hope to find beautiful things!:)

TimBer

New in Town
Bugsy

You are indeed correct about there not being carriers in Albuquerque. I am currently in Newport, RI, half-way through a 10 week temporary assignment. FYI, the two carriers in the back ground are USS Forestal (CV-59) and USS Saratoga (CV-60). Both have been decommissioned.

Tim

Dashing1

New in Town
TimBer said:
Me in my SDB's with my son, Shane (14 weeks). Shane is still in his PJ's as it was early in the morning.

Congrats on the boy! Fine-looking kid with his proud papa.

Thanks, too, for your service. Liberty only survives when defended by the best of men.

Sartorially, gotta say I'm jealous of the dress uniform, as no clothing look I can concoct to wear can compare in dash or brilliance.

Spiffy

A-List Customer
TimBer said:
You are indeed correct about there not being carriers in Albuquerque. I am currently in Newport, RI, half-way through a 10 week temporary assignment. FYI, the two carriers in the back ground are USS Forestal (CV-59) and USS Saratoga (CV-60). Both have been decommissioned.

Tim

Lucky you, Tim, getting stationed in Newport! Most of my mom's family is from there. You need to drag the family to the big old beautiful mansions in the area, they're spectacular!

mike

Call Me a Cab
this morning my dad and I watched as three original late 1920's biplanes took off reenacting the same cross country flight path the original US Post Office Air Mail Pilots took 90 years ago! Much more pictures to follow...

lewis20s.jpg

btw, my dad is wearing his new gift - my gus miller fedora! It fits him much better than me, it was a bit too loose and the minute he saw it, he LOVED it. What can I son do?! haha
I'm wearing a plaid double breasted suit with a belt in the back, a 1933 chicago worlds fair handkerchief, vintage bowtie, rrl 30's styled shirt and peterman/jonathan richard linen 8 panel cap.

all this vintage aircraft schtuff occurred at...

lewilooks.jpg

Antje

One Too Many
Mary said:
What I wore yesterday to the FL-get-together in Copenhagen. My guess is late forties cause the skirt is kind of full but I'd love if someone could dated the dress.

So mustardcoloured dress, some thick black stockings and some black forties shoes.

photobuck.jpg

wow amazing dress and you look so good in it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy